[JPL] JzFmS4 PLAYLIST WGBH BOSTON 4/11/08

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Fri Apr 11 23:55:08 EDT 2008

Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, April 11, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

RAISING RYAN: RYAN KISOR (b. 4/12/1973)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Ryan Kisor: My Ideal, One Finger Snap-Incredible Ryan (Video Arts Music)
Ryan Kisor: George's Dilemma, The Quintet - Jordu (Video Arts Music)
Ryan Kisor: My Little Suede Shoes, Kisor II (Video Arts Music)

8:23pm
Jack Sheldon: Chelsea Bridge, It's What I Do (Butterfly)
Mike Melvoin: Bud's Open, The Capitol Sessions (Naim Music)
Chet Baker: A Foggy Day, Chet Baker/Big Band (Pacific Jazz)

8:42pm
The Uptown Quintet: A Foolish Lament, Live in New York (Cellar Live)
Walter Blanding; featuring Ryan Kisor: The Olive Tree,
The Olive Tree (Criss Cross)
Ryan Kisor: Sioux City, Awakening (Criss Cross)

9:10pm
Phil Urso; died April 8, 2008: Little Pres; Three Little Words; Don't Take
Your Love From Me; She's Funny That Way,
Brothers and Other Mothers, Volume 2 (Savoy LP)

9:24pm
Mingus Big Band; featuring Ryan Kisor: Moanin',
Nostalgia in Times Square (Dreyfus)
Ryan Kisor: Boogie Stop Shuffle, Power Source (Criss Cross)
Mingus Big Band; featuring Ryan Kisor: Tijuana Gift Shop,
Que Viva Mingus/Largely Latin (Dreyfus)

9:49pm
Jimmy Scott; @ The Jazz Bakery, LA, CA this week: All Of Me,
All of Me/Live in Tokyo (Venus Records)
Jimmy Scott: Laughing on The Outside, Dream (Warner Brothers)
Jimmy Scott: I Have Dreamed, Lost and Found (Atlantic/Rhino)
Jimmy Scott: Someone To Watch Over Me,
Falling in Love is Wonderful (Tangerine/Rhino)
Little Jimmy Scott: I Wish I Knew, Everybody's Somebody's Fool (Decca/GRP)

10:13pm
Ryan Kisor: One for Miles, Minor Mutiny (Columbia)
Grant Stewart; featuring Ryan Kisor: Dr. Bob's Nightmare,
Tenor And Soul (Video Arts Music)
Ryan Kisor: Darn That Dream, On The One (Columbia)

10:40pm
Benny Golson; In Residence at Harvard University April 14-19th:
You're My Thrill, Free (Chess)
The Jazztet: It Ain't Necessarily So, Meet The Jazztet (Chess/MCA)
Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers; featuring Benny Golson:
Along Came Betty, Moanin' (Blue Note)
Benny Golson: Whisper Not, New York Scene (Contemporary)

11:03pm
Horace Silver; featuring Ryan Kisor: Satisfaction Guaranteed,
Jazz Has A Sense of Humor (Verve)
Ryan Kisor: Song For My Father, Donna Lee (Video Arts Music)
Ryan Kisor: Mayreh, The Quintet/A Night in Tunisia (Video Arts Music)

11:24pm
Karrin Allyson; @ Scullers Jazz Club, Boston April 17th: Desifinado,
Imagina Songs of Brazil (Concord)
Dianne Reeves: Social Call, When You Know (Blue Note)
Judy Wexler: Life's A Lesson (Blue Daniel),
Dreams and Shadows (Jazzed Media)

11:40pm
Ryan Kisor: I Remember Clifford, Kisor (Video Arts Music)
Ryan Kisor: Ceora, The Sidewinder (Video Arts Music)

11:53pm
Ryan Kisor: Everytime We Say Goodbye, Kisor II (Video Arts Music)