[JPL] René Marie as Dinah Washington on stage...

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Mon Apr 14 17:29:06 EDT 2008

Earlier this year Denver's own René Marie was cast to protray Dinah
Washington-"The Queen of the Blues" for a stage production of "Dinah Was!",
the play takes place in Las Vegas, 1959. We were all elated in Jnaury when
René told us she would portray Dinah and I assisted her in expanding her
Dinah Washington discography. Dinah Washington was a popular perfromer here
in Denver's hisotric Five Points back in the day, appearing many times to
sold out rooms

If you'd like, check out the details here,  http://www.shadowtheatre.com/

Arturo