[JPL] DR. GEORGE BUTLER, A

Ty Bailey tybaprod at comcast.net
Tue Apr 15 00:04:04 EDT 2008

I met Dr. George Butler in Richmond, Va through a mutual friend and
colleague of mine. I was a new producer and announcer for a radio Jazz
show called "Mellow Madness". It was back in the late seventies/early
eighties. After an extensive conversation about Jazz, Dr. Butler insured
that I was placed on the mailing list for Blue Note releases and later
for Columbia. I have often thought of him... and just the other day
mentioned his name to a Blue Note promoter. Dr. Butler was great at what
he did. Just think...all those years and Wynton's still at Columbia. I
appreciate his great contributions to the Jazz industry. My condolences
go out to the family.

Ty Bailey
"Just JAZZ"
WVST-FM