[JPL] Promo CD sales / disposal question

Blaise Lantana blaise.lantana at riomail.maricopa.edu
Wed Apr 16 02:44:48 EDT 2008

Although we do get a lot of music I always look for an interesting new
artist, or new work from my favorites.

When we aren't using the CDs here at K-Jazz, I put them in a box and offer
them to the local college music students.  They are always excited to get
them.  I give them to the instructors who give out the CDs in classes.  So
if the music is new the young people are digging it and if it's more classic
they like learning the different styles from different eras.
Some then seek out the players on myspace and other sites.

Well except for the hundreds of mediocre singers doing standards.  I try to
give them to people who might be looking for lyrics, or who aren't really
into jazz.  Often non jazz people will dig vocalists, even if they aren't
very good.

Blaise Lantana
Music Director
KJZZ Phoenix