[JPL] Playlist WCVE Thursday April 17

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Apr 17 21:57:42 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Public Radio, archived at
ideastations.org/radio.
please direct cd's for airplay consideration to the address below.
Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday April 17, 2008

(Fats Waller) Handful of Keys - Avalon - The Small bands, Volume 2 - Benny
Goodman - 2273-2-RB

(Lebb, Rose, Webster) Got the Jitters - Ben Pollack: The Dean of Swing -
Living Era - CD AJA 5491

Everybody Loves My baby - Bunny Berigan The Key Sessions 1931-1937 -
Dorsey Brothers featuring Boswell Sisters and Bunny Berigan - JSP Records
- 917

(Freed, Arnheim, Lyman) I Cried for You - God Bless the Child: The Very
Best of Billie Holiday - Columbia/Legacy - 82876 81743 2

(Harry Allen) But I Will  - Stompin' the Blues -  The Harry Allen-Joe Cohn
Quartet - Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19353

(Harold Land) Land's End - Study in Brown - Clifford Brown - EmArcy - 814
646-2

(Gerry Mulligan, Judy Holliday) Summer's Over - Jazz Masters 36: Gerry
Mulligan - Verve - 314 523 342-2

(Matt Haviland) Broome St. Blues - Beyond Good and Evil - Matt Haviland -
Connotation Records - CR 1001

(Duke Ellington) I Didn't Know about You - Straight No Chaser - Thelonious
Monk - Columbia/Legacy - CK 64886

(Hollander, Freed) You Leave Me Breathless - That's Right - Nat Adderly
and the Big Sax Section - Riverside - OJCCD-0791-2

(Tizol, Ellington, Mills) Caravan - Shirley Scott Memorial Album -
Prestige - PRCD 11027-2

(Milt Jackson) Bag's Groove - The JJ Johnson Memorial Album - JJ Johnson
and Kai Winding - Prestige - PRCD-11025-2

8:01 NPR News

(Pat Martino) El Hombre - Pat Martino Live at Yoshi's - Pat Martino - Blue
Note - 7243 4 99749 2 0

(Kern, Fields, Hammerstein, Harbach, McHugh) I Won't Dance - Ella and
Louis Again - Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong - Verve - 440 065 390-2

(Kahn, Schwandt, Andree) Dream a Little Dream of Me / (Weiss, Benjamin)
Can Anyone Explain? - Louis Armstrong 1950-1951 - Louis Armstrong and Ella
Fitzgerald - Classics - 1233

(Thad Jones) Quietude - Forever Lasting - Scott Robinson Plays the Music
of Thad Jones - Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19276

(Harold Arlen) Come Rain or Come Shine - Impressions - Claudio Roditi Rio
Quintet - Sunnyside - SSC 1190

(Bud Powell) Omicron - Parisian Throughfares - Bud Powell - Pablo - PACD
2310-976-2

(Shifty Henry) Dark Shadows - Charlie Parker: The Complete Dial Sessions -
Stash - STCD-567-70

(Oliver Nelson) Stolen Moments - The Awakening - Ahmad Jamal - Impulse -
IMPD-226

9:01 NPR News

(Irving Berlin) How Deep Is the Ocean - An Upper West Side Story - Tobias
Gebb Trio - Yummy House Records - 634479729171

(George and Ira Gershwin) They Can't Take That Away from Me - Something
Still Cool - Elli Fordyce - www.ellifordyce.net

(B. Barron) Dedication to Wanda - Hopes and Dreams - Wayne Escoffery -
Savant - SCD 2090

(Weill, Brecht) Moritat - Virtuoso in New York - Joe Pass - Pablo - PCD
2310-979-2

(Geen, Heyman, Sour, Eyton) Body and Soul - Coltrane's Sound - John
Coltrane - Atlantic Jazz - 1419-2

(Miles Davis) Blue in Green - Kind of Blue - Mile Davis - Columbia/Legacy
- CK 64935

(Strayhorn) U.M.M.G. / (Ellington, Kemp) Frillie Trillie / (Ellington)
Hello Little Girl - Jazz Party - Duke Ellington Featuring Dizzy Gillespie
and Jimmy 5 X 5 Rushing - Columbia/Legacy - CK 40712

(Wolfe, Landesman) Spring Can Really Hang you up the Most - Poetry - Stan
getz and Albert Dailey - Blue Note - 7243 5 28671 2 7