[JPL] Playlist WGBH 8 pm - mid. 4/17

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Fri Apr 18 00:54:29 EDT 2008

Thursday, April 17, 8pm–midnight, WGBH 89.7

	8:00pm

8:07pm
Marian McPartland: Twilight World, Twilight World (Concord 30528)

8:13pm
Bill McBirnie: Like Sonny, Paco Paco (Extreme Flute 04)

8:22pm
Wes Montgomery: Never Will I Marry, The Jazz (Prestige 24193)

8:30pm
Be-Bop Guitars: Witch Hunt, Freshly Painted Blues (Baboian Music 002)

8:38pm
John Beasley: 4 AM, Letter To Herbie (Resonance 1003)

8:46pm
Bobby Watson: Purple Flowers, From The Heart (Palmetto 2130)

8:53pm
Avery Sharpe: Ballad For Aisha, Legends & Mentors (JKNM 89896)

Live interview about Jazz Week

9:03pm
Eric Hofbauer: Gnossienne, American Vanity (Creative Nation 003)

9:19pm
John Coltrane Memorial Ensemble: I Wanna Talk About You, The 12th Annual
John Coltrane Memorial Concert (We Jazz 02)

9:39pm
Eric Hofbauer: Jac Mac Talkin', Myth Understanding (Creative Nation 011)

9:53pm
Bob Moses: Autumn Liebs, Devotion (Soul Note 121173)

10:02pm
Garrison Fewell/Eric Hofbauer: Dogon Delta Blues, The Lady Of Khartoum
(Creative Nation 010)

10:06pm
Elvin Jones: A Lullaby Of Itsugo Village, Regattabar The Sound Of jazz
Live (Half Note 9494)

10:13pm
Michael O'Neill: I'll Remember April, Still Dancin' (Jazzmo 002)

10:23pm
Freddie Hubbard/Woody Shaw: The Moontrane, The Eternal Triangle (Blue
Note 48017)

10:29pm
Manhattan Projects: Cherokee, Echoes Of Our Heroes (Evidence 22154)

10:38pm
Wayne Shorter: Angola, The Soothsayer (Blue Note 84443)

10:46pm
Charles Lloyd: Migration Of Spirit, Rabo de Nube (ECM 0010663)

10:57pm
Judy Wexler: Spooky, Dreams & Shadows (Jazzed Media 1031)

11:02pm
Various Artists: Jive Samba, Cannon Re-Loaded (Concord 30236)

11:08pm
David Fathead Newman: Star Eyes, Diamondhead (HighNote 7179)

11:18pm
Frank Wess: Listen To The Dawn, Tryin' To Make My Blues Turn Green
(Concord 4592)

11:25pm
Buddy DeFranco/Dave McKenna: Lucky To Be Me, Do Nothing Till You Hear
 From Us! (Concord 4851)

11:31pm
Roberta Gambarini/Hank Jones: Lush Life, You Are There (Emarcy 0010622)

11:39pm
Jessica Williams: Spoken Softly, Songs For A New Century (Origin 82507)

11:48pm
Brad Mehldau: Wonderwall, Brad Mehldau Live (Nonesuch 376252)

Airtimes are approximate.

Eric Jackson
Mon - Thurs 8 pm - mid.
89.7 FM WGBH Boston