[JPL] further on IAJE conference being cancelled

DJ A Train-Uptown Jazz Network uptownhit at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 09:09:56 EDT 2008

This is the correct link. I hope. I went to the first link posted and the message was "page not found"
  here u go http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004357405_jazzeducators18.html
  Peace

JazzCorner at aol.com wrote:
  This week's sponsor: MFA - Jazz Radio Promotion, Publicity and Consulting

ADDING NOW

Guitarist/vocalist LUIS MARIO OCHOA - MOMENTOS CUBANOS w/ pianist Hilario Duran - sublime instrumental and vocal performances of classic and original Latin American tunes

STILL ADDING

Alto saxophonist JALEEL SHAW - OPTIMISM w/ Robert Glasper, Lage Lund, Jeremy Pelt - modern jazz as it's being created today!

Vocalist KAREN BLIXT - MAD HOPE w/ Patrice Rushen, Randy Brecker, Will Kennedy, Abraham Laboriel, Alex Acuna, Kenny Washington - a set of highly original jazz vocals!

ADDING APRIL 21

Vocalist LAINIE COOKE and IT'S ALWAYS YOU w/ Joel Frahm. People who know a 'real' jazz singer when they hear one love Lainie. Here she sings about finding and losing love in performances that contain no hype nor attitude but rather resonate with pure emoting backed by the gravitas only true life experience can endow in an artist.

FOLLOW THE NORTH STAR by alto saxophonist/flutist TK BLUE w/ Steve Turre and Onaje Alan Gumbs. TK, who tours with Randy Weston when not on his own, exemplifies the Afro-centric tradition pioneered by Rashaan Roland Kirk, Yusef Lateef, Pharoah Sanders and Gary Bartz he, Turre and Babatunde Lea are keeping alive today.

MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net
www.JazzRadioPromotionAndPublicity.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm sorry I neglected to give props to Paul Berrios for actually publishing
the first story I could find that was more than rumor or perspective

here's the link

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ucators18.html

**************
Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car
listings at AOL Autos.

Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com

Uptown Hit Entertainment brings you the Uptown Jazz Network
Mixing 100% Pure Jazz, Soul & Funk Music @ http://geocities.com/uptownjazznet
& http://youtube.com/UptownJazzNetwork
Also check out: AggieAccessTV @
http://aggietv.ncat.edu