[JPL] Bobby Broom record

Bob Stewart bstewar at kirkwood.edu
Fri Apr 18 09:45:45 EDT 2008

However fine the playing is, I found the crowd noise very distracting, prompting me to pass on this release. I remember seeing Karrin Allyson at the Green Mill in Chicago a few years back and the owner there made a direct plea, almost an order, to the audience at the beginniing of the show to be quite while she was performing. Why more venue owners don't do the same is beyond me. If I'm paying good money to see an artist, wherever it may be, I would expect to be able to actually hear said artist. Obviously, common courtesy is in quite short supply in our society these days.

Bob Stewart
Jazz 88.3 KCCK