[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Friday April 18

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Apr 18 21:42:03 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Public radio, archived at
ideastations.org/radio.
Please direct cd's for airplay consideration ot the address below.

Thanks
Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday April 18, 2008

(Williams) My Hat's on the Side of My Head  - Mary Jo - The Four Blazes -
Delmark - DE-704

(Koehlerm Arlen) Hittin' the Bottle - Rhythm Is Our Business - Jimmie
Lunceford - Living Era - CD AJA 5091

(S. Theard) You Rascal You - Django Reinhardt and the Quintet of the Hot
Club of France Disc A 1937 - JSP Records CD 904A

(Bud Powell) Tempus Fugit - Miles Davis: Volume 2 - Blue Note - 7243 5
32611 2 2

(Kaper) Green Dolphin Street - Some Enchanted Evening - Miles Black Trio -
Cellar Live - CL 080307

(Coltrane) Naima  - Impressions - Claudio Roditi Rio Quintet - Sunnyside -
SSC 1190

(Harry Van Walls, Ahmet Ertegun) Chains of Love - Barbara Morrison at the
Dakota Volume 2 - Dakota Live LLC

(Monk) Monk's Dream - Unity - Larry Young - Blue Note - 7243 4 97808 2 8

(J.D. Allen) Pagan - I Am I Am - J.D. Allan - Sunnyside - SSC

(Clifford Jordan) Bearcat - Bearcat - Clifford Jordan - Jazzland -
OJCCD-494-2

8:01 NPR News

(Wayne Shorter) The Big Push - The Soothsayer - Wayne Shorter - Blue Note
- CDP 7 84443 2

(Kern, Hammersein) All the Things You Are - Tribute - Keith Jarrett - ECM
- 847 135-2

(Ray Noble) The Very Thought of You - Lost and Found - Sheila Jordan -
Muse Records - MCD 5390

(Mulligan) Festive Minor / (Mulligan) Jeru - The Complete Capitol and
Pacific Jazz Recordings of the Original Gerry Mulligan Quartet and
Tentette with Chet Baker - Mosaic - 102 Disc II

(Donaldson, Lyman) What Can I Say After I Say I'm Sorry - Benny Goodman:
The Complete Trios - Capitol Jazz - 7243 5 21225 2 3

(Sunny Skylar) Gotta be This or That - Swing Is Still the King - John
Sheridan and His Dream Band - Arbors - ARCD 19339

(Benny Carter, Manny Kurtz, Irving Mills) Blue Interlude - Teddy Wilson in
4 Hands - Chris Hopkins and Dick Hyman - Victoria Company - VC 4369

(R. Gnatalli) Tocatta - Progressions: 100 Years of Jazz Guitar - Laurindo
Almeida with Bud Shank - Columbia/Legacy - C4K 86462

(Paul Misraki) Tu N'Peux T'Figurer - The Hawk in Paris - Bluebird - 07863
51059-2

9:01 NPR News

(Horace Silver) Let's Get to the Nitty Gritty - Silver's Serenade - Horace
Silver - Blue Note - CDP 7243 8 21288 2 3

(Monk, Williams, Hanighen) Round Midnight - The Best of Milt Jackson -
Riverside - RCD 5707-2

(Jack Lawrence, Arthur Altman) All or Nothing at All - Feed the Fire -
Betty Carter with Dave Holland - Verve - 314 523 600-2

(Andy Gibson, Roy Alfred) The Hucklebuck - Hamp: The legendary Decca
Recordings of Lionel Hampton - Lionel Hampton - Decca Jazz - GRD-2-652

(W. Robinson, D. L. Hill) Old Folks - Grantstand - Grant Green - Blue Note
-

(Johnny Valentino) Contours - Everything Starts Now - The Michael Pedicin
Quintet - the Jazz Hut - JH 0001

(Mal Waldron) Blue Jelly - After Hours - Thad Jones, Kenny Burrell, Frank
Wess - Prestige - OJCCD-1782-2