[JPL] JzFmS4 PLAYLIST WGBH BOSTON 4/18/07

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Apr 19 05:09:07 EDT 2008

Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, April 18, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

LIVE INTERVIEW W. BENNY GOLSON & MULGREW MILLER
Appearing at Sanders Theater, Harvard University, April 19th, 2008

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Benny Golson: In Your Own Sweet Way, Terminal 1 (Concord)
Mulgrew Miller: Little Girl Blue, Live at Yoshi's (MaxJazz)

8:31pm
Russell Malone: To Benny Golson, Swet G eorgia Peach (Impulse)
Jim Hall: Whisper Not, By Arrangement (Telarc)
Mulgrew Miller: Four, From Day To Day (Landmark)

8:55pm
Jon Hendricks: Out of The Past, A Good Git-Together (World PAcific)

9:10pm
Benny Golson: Thursday's Theme, The Philadelphians (Blue Note)
Mulgrew Miller: The Sequel, The Sequel (MaxJazz)

9:34pm
Benny Golson; featuring Mulgrew Miller: One Day Forever,
One Day Forever (Arkadia)

Dizzy Gillespie; featuring Benny Golson: Blues After Dark,
The Greatest Trumpet of Them All (Verve LP)

9:50pm
Mal Waldron: Golden Golson, One Entrance, Many Exits (Quicksilver)
Mulgrew Miller: From Day to Day, Live at The Kennedy Center (MaxJazz)

10:11pm
Benny Golson: Venitian Breeze, The Modern Touch (Riverside)
Milt Jackson; featuring Benny Golson: Blues for Diahann,
Bags' Opus (Blue Note)
Dominique Eade; featuring Benny Golson: Something Cool,
When The Wind Was Cool (RCA Victor)

10:33pm
Art Farmer: Yesterday's Thoughts(Golson),
Yesterday's Thoughts (Test of Time)
Russell Gunn: Park Avenue Petite (Golson), Mood Swings (HighNote)
Lee Morgan: Latin Hangover (Golson),
The Complete Blue Note Lee Morgan Fifties Sessions (Mosaic)

10:57pm
Mulgrew Miller: Grew's Tune, Hand In Hand (RCA Novus)
Mulgrew Miller: Getting To Know You, Getting To Know You (RCA Novus)
Mulgrew Miller: Promethean,
Chapters 1 and 2 / Keys to The City/Work! (32 Jazz)

11:18pm
John Lewis; featuring Benny Golson: Afternoon in Paris,
The Wonderful World of Jazz (Atlantic)
Kevin Mahogany; featuring Benny Golson: BG's Groove,
You Got What It Takes (Enja)
Joe Farnsworth; featuring Benny Golson: And So, I Love Again,
It's Prime Time (441 Records)

11:39pm
Benny Golson: My Heart Belongs to Daddy, Free (Chess)
Art Farmer; featuring Benny Golson: Jubilation, Modern Art (Blue Note)
Benny Golson: I Didn't Know What Time it Was,
Groovin' With Golson (Prestige New Jazz)

11:53pm
Benny Golson; featuring Mulgrew Miller: Goodbye,
Up Jumped Spring (LRC Music)