[JPL] PLAYLIST: "General Eclectic", WCVF-FM, 4/18/08

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 15:51:35 EDT 2008

Phones were especially busy today. With any luck, some of those people were
also calling up to donate to our Radiothon for Roswell Park Cancer Institute
in Buffalo - indeed, I know some of them were. Thanks to all. Today's caller
favorite was teen jazz singer Sophie Berkal-Sarbit, but there were also
enthusiastic responses to clarinetist Eddie Daniels, Celtic folksingers Matt
& Shannon Heaton, world fusionist Shannon Bryant (one astute caller pointed
out that I played two artists named Shannon in a row, which I didn't plan or
even realize), classical organist Mary Preston, early music ensemble
Hesperus, a 1956 Stan Kenton track, contemporary Iranian artist Pouya
Mahmoodi, and the improbable duet of labor singer Anne Feeney and Commander
Cody. No one, including myself, noticed there were two "blackbird" songs. To
the list:

Eddie Daniels - Proto: Prelude No. 2 to Fascinating Rhythm - Bridges: Edidie
Daniels Plays the Music of Frank Proto

Sophie Berkal-Sarbit - I've Got a Right To Sing the Blues - The Gypsy In My
Soul

Joe Beck & John Abercrombie - Vingt-Six - Coincidence

High Kings - The Auld Triangle - The High Kings

Kat Parra - Pedacito De Mi Vida - Azucar de Amor

Louie Bellson & Clark Terry - Chicago Suite 4: Lake Shore Drive - Louie &
Clark Expediton 2

MEM 3 - Tragic Interruption - Pennsylvania Grey

Matt & Shannon Heaton - The Blackbird - Blue Skies Above

Shannon Bryant - Born Innocent - Oceano

Mary Preston - Ives: Variations on "America" - Organ Odyssey

Hesperus - Bobbing Joe/Cuckolds All In a Row/Rufty Tufty/Parson's Farewell -
An Early American Quilt

Stan Kenton - Speak Low - Cool Hot & Swingin'

Drew Gress - Blackbird Backtalk - - The Irrational Numbers

Garifuna Women's Project - Yunduya Weyu - Umalali

Anthony DaCosta - Ain't Much of a Soldier - Typical American Tragedy

Craig Sonnenfeld - Lately - Heart of a Man

Four Bitchin' Babes - Oh No - Hormonal Imbalance

Pouya Mahmoodi - Si Pareh - Mehr

Anne Feeney - The Preacher and the Slave - Dump the Bosses off Your Back

Jackson Browne - Enough of the Night - Solo Acoustic, Vol. 2

--
Tom Bingham
"General Eclectic"