[JPL] IAJE - Financial's

TomtheJazzman tomthejazzman at embarqmail.com
Sat Apr 19 22:08:39 EDT 2008

In reviewing the Tax return for IAJE in 2006 I found some interesting
information.  They did take a big loss on financial investments, but it
was just over $20,000 and for a group with assets of 2 to 3 million that
is not a big hit.  They showed gross receipts of $2,575,941

Payouts Included:

Bill McFarlin     $109,764
Steve Baker       $  84,014
Gregory Carroll  $  84,014
Susan Jenkins     $ 89,700

Total                 $367.492
/
When I look at these salaries or contract fees I can't help but think of
the many Jazz Educators from the Public Schools to the University level
who would appreciate making $80,000 plus and then expenses.  And then
there are the musicians./

Of course this does not include office staff and  their salaries or
expense accounts for the dollars spent by the Board which was sizable.

Every day I am reading and seeing where large companies are losing
millions in their quarterly report and they continue on so I find it
puzzling that a NON-PROFIT and not report a loss and keep on working
toward their mission.

There has to be something here that we are overlooking or are not being
told, especially Chapter 7 versus Chapter 11 or 13.

ALOHA
Tom