[JPL] Brian Blade Fellowship

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 20 14:04:38 EDT 2008

One of the best jazz concerts I've seen was at the Vanguard featuring the Brian Blade Fellowship several years ago. I was wondering if they would ever record again and lo and behold..."Seasons of Change" comes in. Brian is a gifted drummer yes but what is more impressive to me is the unique sound of the band and the writing. He's found the right mix of players that get to his concept. He thinks compositionally and plays drums from that point of view....so beautifully elastic and fresh. He's also a very kind and passionate person and it reflects in his music. I love this group and this new recording.

  Jae Sinnett
  PS...check out his recent Before & After in JazzTimes.