[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 4/20

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Tue Apr 22 09:59:09 EDT 2008

Another weekend's edition of Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Midnight

Joshua Redman     Still Pushin' that Rock     Elastic
Warner Brothers

Paul Renz           Sloppy Joe                           Rebop
Gabwalk

Grant Stewart       Serenade to Sweden      Young at Heart             Sharp
Nine

Eric Alexander       Pearls                           Prime Time
High Note

John Coltrane         Black Pearls             Fearless Leader
Prestige

Jae Sinnett            Locus                          It's Telling
J-Nett

1:00AM

Bill Evans       Blue in Green                Keepnews Collection
Riverside

Eliane Elias     Blue in Green                Something for You
Blue Note

Bill Evans    Green Dolphin Street          Jazz Showcase
Riverside

Brad Mehldau         Countdown                      Live
Nonesuch

George Cables     Up Jumped Spring     Morning Song                   High
Note

Sonny Rollins       Kids Know    Rudy Van Gelder Remasters        Prestige

2:00AM

Avery Sharpe        Gentle Giant      Legends and Mentors               JKNM

Yusef Lateef     The Plum Blossom   Every Village Has a Song
Rhino/Atlantic

Yusef Lateef    Blues in Maude's Flat               "
"

Geri Allen           Our Lady      Timeless Portraits and Dreams
Telarc

Rufus Reid                  Dreamgliding                Live
Motema

Miguel Zenon                Villaran                     Jibaro
Marsalis Music

Luis Maria Ochoa        Simbiosis       Momentos Cubanos               LCO

3:00AM

John Ellis         All Up in the Aisles

                                              Dance Like There's No Tomorrow
Hyena

Bobby Broom                   Unit Seven     The Way I Play
Origin

Bill Prouten      Low-Down, No-Good.            (same)
Keyano

Jodi Proznick             Duke of York           Foundations
Cellar Live

Chris Tarry   Same Clothes, Different Day

                                                    Almost Certainly
Dreaming           19/8

Joe Gil      Meditation No. 1     Breath Deep and Enter Carefully
Vindaloo

Gary Morgan       Intro/A Felicidade           Felicidade
CAP

4:00AM

Dave Douglas      Married Life                Moonshine
Greenleaf

Edward Petersen    Objects in the Mirror.     Upward Spiral
Delmark

Billy Bang-Frank Lowe   Silent Observation   Above and Beyond    Justin Time

Rashied Ali       Skane's Refrain               Judgment Day Vol. 2
Survivor

Jaleel Shaw                    Almost                         Optmism
Changu

5:00AM

Barbara Knight         Old Devil Moon               Angel Eyes
BK

James Geralden        My Romance           Tender and Blue
Geralden

Dawn Clement    Dream a Little Dream of Me    Break
Origin

Keith Jarrett     You Took Advantage of Me      My Foolish Heart    ECM

Piers Lawrence     Secret Love                Stolen Moments
Jazz Net Media

Terell Stafford    Taking a Chance on Love    Taking Chances
MaxJazz

Connie Evingson    Peel Me a Grape      Little Did I Dream
Minnehaha

Steve Nelson        Up Jumped Spring          Sound-effect
High Note

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV