[JPL] Interesting Record promo format

Maurice Hogue onemansjazz at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 22 15:15:41 EDT 2008

Had lunch with a fine young Canadian trio, Fieldtrip,
which is currently touring across Canada.  They
handed me their latest music project, The Darfur Suite.

It is all contained on one of those 2 gigabyte USB flash
drives, with appropriate blister packaging abd display
material.

Contained therein, and both PC and MAC compatible,
are high quality wav. files of the tunes, 320kbps mp3
files of the music, scores for all of their tracks in PDF
format, digital album artwork, and a nice little mini website
tying it all together.

Very novel and certainly technofriendly.  Didn't cost them
all that much to make either, apparently.

I wondered why they were handing me a flash drive.  Quite
novel and consistent with three very hip members of the
IPod generation.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Maurice Hogue
CKUW Winnipeg