[JPL] Help please

Blaise Lantana blaise.lantana at riomail.maricopa.edu
Fri Apr 25 03:58:06 EDT 2008

We are having terrible skipping problems with our CD players, Tascam CD01U
professional models, in master control.  Our new friendly engineer says all
CD players skip and that he spoke with other stations and Jazzworks at the
NAB and people are using these and they are skipping.  Remember when Tascam
meant something good?

But I say this is VERY bad and I'm wondering if anyone has something that is
working.  We will eventually be on hard drive but that is not happening this
month so I'm looking for a solution.

Also does anyone know if stacking them 3 in a row is a problem.  We turn
them off at night and are really only running them for 5 hours straight, not
24.  We have some old Re-Vox, in production that work pretty well, but they
are almost 20 years old and have some mechanical problems.  Of course they
don't make those anymore.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Blaise Lantana

Music Director

KJZZ Phoenix