[JPL] Help please

Jeff Turton jturton at comcast.net
Fri Apr 25 07:09:27 EDT 2008

Blaise,

I know I already replied off line but one other suggestion would be
for your engineer to check in with the folks on the Pubtech board.
There have been a number of recent posts on CD players and I know the
Tascam and Denon rack models were subject to extensive discussions.
One other thing to be aware of, most professional Cd players these
days are heavily software dependent. They are like mini computers and
just like all our computers most of these machines are subject to
software upgrades to help fix the many issues that creep up once
products are on the market. My experience in recent years is that a
lot of these issues are not mechanical but software related. As far
as stacking the units, that is really only an issue if you don't have
adequate air circulation and the units get too hot. I've rarely seen
this as an issue. The only other thing would be to back up what
Martin said about dumping the Tascam's. They have not been well
received at many of the stations that have them installed. The
Denon's really have become the standard for most stations.

Jeff Turton
WFNX Jazz Brunch