[JPL] latinjazz : Message: NEW BLOG: Jazz Improv LIVE! Convention & Festival | IAJE situation

mfa - jazz radio promotion & publicity MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net
Fri Apr 25 15:42:25 EDT 2008

Yahoo!   My Yahoo!   Mail

	Welcome, athansorit
[Sign Out, My Account]
Music - Groups - Help

athansorit · mitchellfeldmanassociates at comcast.net | Group Member  -
Edit Membership	Start a Group | My Groups
latinjazz · Latin Jazz Discussion List
Messages
Post
Files
Photos
Links
Database
Polls
Calendar
Promote
Yahoo! Groups Tips

Did you know...
Want to share photos of your group with the world? Add a group photo
to Flickr.
Best of Y! Groups

	 	Check them out and nominate your group.
Messages	  	Messages Help
Message #   Search:   Advanced
Start Topic
NEW BLOG: Jazz Improv LIVE! Convention & Festival | IAJE situation
Topic List   < Prev Topic  |  Next Topic >
Reply | Forward	< Prev Message  |  Next Message >
From: "Eric Nemeyer, Jazz Improv"
<eric at ...>

From: Eric Nemeyer, Publisher, Jazz Improv,
www.jazzimprov.com

Dear friends,

Because we have been deluged with inquiries from
attendees and industry people about our Second Annual
Jazz Improv LIVE! Convention & Festival in New York,
we have created a blog for Jazz Improv LIVE! Here's
the address:

http://jazzimprovlive.wordpress.com

Please feel free to comment on the postings. There
will be more on a regular basis.

Many people have inquired about our plans for the
Second Annual Jazz Improv LIVE! Convention & Festival
as a result of the industry developments involving the
collapse of the IAJE, the corresponding cancellation
of all of their events and activities, and their
prospective filing of Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Jamie
Cosnowsky has written and posted our Official
Response. Here is the link.
http://jazzimprovlive.wordpress.com/how-to-guarantee-a-healthy-future-for-the-ia
\
je-167-ideas/

Marty Khan of Outward Visions, one of our partners
speaks about The Plan, our plan for the emerging new
paradigm in jazz. Jazz Improv LIVE! Convention &
Festival, while the product of a 200 page business
plan I wrote during the course of two years, and to
outsiders a seemingly stand-alone event, is and has
been the cornerstone of a much larger four-tiered
integrated paradigm and imperative involving a focus
on the fans (the largest demographic we all need to
grow and reach), artist empowerment, legacy. You can
read about the foundation of it here.
http://jazzimprovlive.wordpress.com/the-plan-the-emerging-paradigm-for-jazz/

I have posted information about our Second Annual Jazz
Improv LIVE! and a summary of our experiences with the
first one.
http://jazzimprovlive.wordpress.com/about/

Please fee free to contact me with your comments and
suggestions.

Best regards, as always,
Eric

Eric Nemeyer, Publisher: eric at ...

JAZZ IMPROV
Jazz Improv® Magazine (published quarterly) -
www.jazzimprov.com
Jazz Improv's® NY Jazz Guide & Directory (monthly)
Jazz Improv TV - www.jazzimprov.tv
Jazz Improv LIVE! Convention & Festival
Groove Notes, online newsletter
P.O. Box 26770, Elkins Park, PA 19027
Phone: 215-887-8808
Ad Sales: 212-889-0853; toll-free 1-866-493-7185

DOWNLOAD your complimentary copy of Jazz Improv NY
Magazine every month at www.jazzimprov.com/guide/

* * *
"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers for thereby
some have entertained angels unaware."

Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:41 am

  Show Message Info
Bobby Sanabria <nujackrican at ...>
nujackrican
   Offline
  Send Email

From: "Eric Nemeyer, Jazz Improv" <eric at ...> From: Eric Nemeyer,
Publisher, Jazz Improv, www.jazzimprov.com Dear friends, Because we
have been...	 Bobby Sanabria
nujackrican
   	 11:40 am
Message #   Search:   Advanced
Start Topic
SPONSOR RESULTS

Latin Jazz
www.ebay.com - Browse a huge selection now. Find exactly what you want
today.

latin jazz standards
shopping.yahoo.com - latin jazz standards & More. 100,000 Stores.
Deals. Reviews.

Latin Jazz Radio
www.pandora.com - Free-Latin Jazz Music Youll Love-Free Unlimited
Listening.

Privacy Policy - Copyright/IP Policy - Terms of Service - Guidelines -
Help

___________________________

mfa - jazz radio promotion, publicity & consulting
...for the international jazz community

Mitchell Feldman Associates
2059 Heckle Street
Augusta, GA 30904 / USA
Phone:	(+1) 706.550.0263
Cell:     (+1) 303.641.4783
MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net
www.MitchellFeldmanAssociates.com
www.JazzWithoutBorders.blogspot.com

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long
plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like
dogs.  There is also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.