[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Apr 25 21:52:24 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE. Archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday April 25, 2008

(Sonny Rollins) Sonnymoon for Two - Statements - Milt Jackson - Impulse -
GRD-130

(Joe Henderson) Mo Joe - The Cape Verdean Blues - the Horace Silver
Quintet Plus JJ Johnson - Blue Note - CDP 7 84220 2

(Lane, Harburg) Old Devil Moon - The Best of Bobby Timmons  - Riverside -
RCD 5719-2

(Illinois Jacquet) The Galloping Latin - The Blues, That's Me - Illinois
Jacquet - Prestige - OJCCD-614-2

(Frank Wess) Segue in C - The Count Meets the Duke - Basie and Ellington -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 65571

(M. Wilson) You and I / (Irving Berlin) Blue Skies - The Essential Frank
Sinatra and Tommy Dorsey - Bluebird / Legacy - 828767 11662

(Stuff Smith) I'se a Muggin - The Mad Genius of the Violin Vol 1 - Jazz
Archives No 108

8:01 NPR News

(Pozo, Fuller) Tin Tin Deo - The Best of Art Pepper - Contemporary -
CCD-5714-2

(Kenny Burrell) Chitlins Con Carne - Midnight Blue - Kenny Burell - Blue
Note - 7243 4 95335 2 3

(Ceasar, Lerner, Marks) Oh Susannah (Dust off That Old Piano) / (Waller)
Handful of Keys - Ain't Misbehavin' - Fats Waller - Living Era - CD AJA
5174

(Irving Berlin) Mandy - Fats Waller at the Piano - Bluebird -
09026-63926-2

(Kid Ory) Muskrat Ramble - The Legendary Sidney Bechet - Bluebird -
6590-2-RB

(Romberg, Hammerstein II) Lover Where Can You Be - Billie Holiday: The
Commodore Master Takes - Commodore - 314 543 272-2

(Fletcher Henderson) Soft Winds - Charlie Christian: The Genius of the
Electric Guitar - Columbia - C4K 65564

(Pete Johnson) Climbin' and Screamin' - King of Boogie - Pete Johnson -
Milan - 73138 35622-2

9:01 NPR News

(Casey, Pinkard) Sweet Georgia Brown - The Complete Capitol Recordings of
the Nat King Cole Trio - Mosaic - 138 Disc III

(Gillespie) Algo Bueno - Dizzy Gillespie: The Complete RCA Victor
Recordings - Bluebird - 07863 66528-2

(Duke Ellington) Cop out - Across the Tracks - Scott Hamilton & Friends -
Concord Jazz - CCD-30388

(Johnny Mercer, Victor Schertzinger) Tangerine - Dreamer - Eliane Elias -
Bluebird - 82876

(Kaper) Invitation - The Quintessence - Quincy Jones - MCA Impulse - MCAD
5728 JVC-465

(J.D. Allen) Titus - I Am I Am - J.D. Allen Trio - Sunnyside - SSC 1183

(Mercer Ellington) Things Ain't What They Used to Be - Night Train - Oscar
Peterson - Verve - 314 521 440-2

(Warren, Dubin) You're Getting to Be a Habit with Me - You Are There -
Roberta Gambarini and Hank Jones - EmArcy - B0010622-02

(Cedar Walton) Firm Roots - The Battle - Vincent Herring and Eric
Alexander - High Note - HCD 7137

(Charlie Parker) Laird Baird - Bird's Best Bop on Verve - Charlie Parker -
314 527 452-2