[JPL] PLAYLIST: "General Eclectic", WCVF-FM, 4/25/08

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 19:05:11 EDT 2008

Blues dominated the phone response today, particularly the Legendary Rhythm
& Blues Revue, whose members may (with the exception of Magic Dick) be a bit
too recent to justify the term "Legendary". But this CD is the stuff of
which legends are made. Also garnering favorable attention were the
posthumous Jeff Healey release and Markus James' fusion of blues and Malian
music (with guest artist Madou Sangare). Other callers favored the classic
Latin sounds of Sirak, the funky string-quartet stylings of San Francisco,
and dobro master/singer/songwriter Lloyd Thayer (with his musical saw added
to the mix!). To the list:

Sirak ya la Sonora Antillana - Echa Pa'Lante - De La Mata!!

Joe Jameson - Pretend - The Outlaw

Quartet San Francisco - Pick Up the Pieces - Whirled Chamber Music

Danny Britt - You Gotta Move - Walk This Road

Butch Castetter - Hey Big Brother - 419 North

Lydia McCauley - Pretty Saro - ForeignLander

Bradford Hayes - Tunji's Blues - The Jazz Life

Old Man Brown - Return - Return

Bill Prouten - Parallel Bars - Low-Down, No-Good . . .

Erica Wheeler - Apache Motel - Good Summer Rain

Lloyd Thayer - It Slipped Through - The Bumper Pool Diaries

Matthias Bublath - MB in da CT - Matthias Bublath

Legendary Rhythm & Blues Revue - I Feel That Old Feeling Coming On - Command
Performance

Gil Morgenstern & Darrett Adkins - Kodaly: Duo For Violin and Violoncello,
Movement 3 - 20th Century Duos For Violin and Cello

Jeff Healey - I'm Tore Down - Mess of Blues

Emma Graves - Just Fine - Songs of Water, Songs of War

Joe Crookston - John Jones - Able Baker Charlie & Dog

Markus James - All That You Can't Keep - Snakeskin Violin

Clayton Dyess/Mike Lefebvre/Kenny Andrews - Bags' Groove - Leslie's In the
Kitchen

Eden Brent - Love Me 'Til Dawn - Mississippi Number One

Moira Cameron - Outlandish Knight (Childe Ballad #4) - One Evening As I
Rambled

Kym Tuvim - In My Head - Nothing Sweet Nothing

Poppa Steve Mutimer - Hotel Congress - The Good Stuff: Poppa's Best

--
Tom Bingham
"General Eclectic"