[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz April 26,2008

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 27 11:23:39 EDT 2008

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for April 26,2008

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for April 26, 2008

Hour 1

LINDA DACHTYL - "Tone Wheel Grease" - For Hep Cats - (Chicken Coup)

CHARLES MINGUS - "My Jelly Roll Soul" - Blues And Roots - (Atlantic)

RONI BEN-HUR - "Blues In the Night" - Signature - (Reservoir)

LYNNE ARRIALE - "Lean On Me" - Arise - (Motema Music)

BENNY GREEN - "Grooveyard" - Naturally - (Telarc)

CHARLIE HARRISON W/CHICAGO JAZZ ORCH - "Jeannine" - Keeping My Composure - (indep)

KENNY CARR - "Blues For Ray" - Changing Tides - (indep)

TONY BENNETT - "I Wanna Be Around" - Duets - (Sony)

Hour 2

CHRIS HUMPHREY - "(The Date Is)Friday the 13th" - Nothing But Blue Sky - (Cadence Jazz)

INTERNATIONAL GROOVE CONSPIRACY - "Beyond Horizon" - Beyond Horizon - (indep)

J.J.JOHNSON - "Jay Jay" - Savoy Sessions - (Savoy)

DEXTER GORDON - "Soul Sister" - Dexter Calling - (Blue Note)

GORDON GOODWIN'S BIG PHAT BAND - "Cut N'Run" - The Phat Pack - (Immergent)

TED KOOSHIAN STANDARD ORBIT QUARTET - "Message In a Bottle" - self titled - (Summit)

DIANA KRALL - "You Can Depend On Me" - From This Moment On - (Verve)

RICHIE COLE AND THE ALTO MADNESS ORCHESTRA - "Rise's Rose Garden" - Rise's Rose Garden - (Jazz Excursions)

RAY BROWN TRIO - "Lined With a Groove" - Walk On - (Telarc)

Hour 3

THE PUPPINI SISTERS - "Spooky" - The Rise And Fall of Ruby Woo - (Verve)

CADENCE - "The Dry Cleaner From Des Moines" - Twenty for One - (indep)

RENE MARIE - "God Bless the Child" - How Can I Keep From Singing - (Maxjazz)

KATE SCHUTT - "Raining" - No Love Lost - (indep)

JHELISA - "Sugar In My Bowl" - Sunday in Algiers - (indep)

JANET METZGER - "Dindi" - Live at Churchill Grounds - (JMM)
CHRIS HUMPHREY - "In Walked Bud" - Nothing But Blue Sky - (Cadence Jazz)

ANN HAMPTON CALLAWAY - "The I'm Too White to Sing the Blues Blues" - Blues In the Night - (Telarc)

CONNIE EVINGSON/DAVE FRISHBERG - "Our Love Rolls On" - Little Did I Dream - (Minnehana Music)

ELLA FITZGERALD - "Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone" - Love Letters From Ella - (Concord)

GLADYS KNIGHT - "Someone to Watch Over Me" - We All Love Ella - (Verve)

Hour 4

STAN GETZ - "Crazy Rhythm" - West Coast Jazz Box Set - (Contemporary)

HERBIE HARPER - "Herbstone" - West Coast Jazz Box Set - (Contemporary)

CHET BAKER - "Half Nelson" - The Pacific Jazz Years - (Pacific Jazz)

TAYLOR FIDYK BIG BAND - "Full Count" - Live at Blues Alley - (Origin)

IBRAHIM FERRER - "Marieta" - Buena Vista Social Club Presents Ibrahim Ferrer - (Nonesuch)

BILL ANSCHELL - "La Flor De La Canela" - When Cooler Heads Prevail - (Summit)

LENORE RAPHAEL - "Birds In Flight" - Invitation - (Swingin Fox)

THOMAS MARRIOTT - "What the Mirror Said" - Both Sides of the Fence - (Origin)

BARNEY MCCLURE TRIO - "Opus De Riff" - Spot - (Origin)

Hour 5

DEXTER GORDON - "Cheese Cake" - Go - (Blue Note)

BOBBY FLOYD - "Hank's Idea" - Notes To And From My Friends - (Chicken Coup)

JOE GRANSDEN - "Blue N'Boogie" - Plays and Sings - (Hot Shoe)

HERBIE HANCOCK - "Watermelon Man" - Takin Off - (Blue Note)

JOEY DE FRANCESCO W/GEORGE COLEMAN - "On Green Dolphin Street" - Live - The Authorized Bootleg - (Concord)

EASTERN REBELLION - "All the Things You Are" - Simple Pleasure - (Musicmasters)

CHET BAKER - "Maid in Mexico" - West Coast Jazz Box Set - (Contemporary)

Hour 6

OSCAR PETERSON TRIO - "Kadola's Blues" - The Sound Of A Trio - (Verve)

KURT ELLING - "The New Body and Soul" - Nightmoves - (Concord)

LOUIS ARMSTRONG - "Hello Dolly" - The Jazz Singers - (Smithsonian)

SHOOK RUSSO TRIO - "The Great Complicators" - Introducing the FAB Trio - (Summit)

DAN BARASZU - "April Fools" - Nightfall - (Blue Canoe)

DAVID SILLS - "Summer Cloud" - Green - (Origin)

MILES DAVIS - "Round Midnight" - Complete Miles and Trane - (Sony)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM