[JPL] WWSP playlist week of 4/27/08

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 27 16:27:17 EDT 2008

WWSP JAZZ/WORLD REPORT for week of 4/27/08

WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 Watts

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.

4 or more spins

4 Karrin Allyson – Imagina – Concord
5 Bobby Broom – The Way I Play – Origin
4 Caribbean Jazz Project – Afro Bop Alliance – Heads Up
4 Armen Donelian Trio – Oasis – Sunnyside
4 Connie Evingson – Little Did I Dream – Minnehaha Music
5 Lorraine Feather – Language – Jazzed Media
5 Mike Garson - Jazz Hat – Reference Recordings
4 Gene Harris Quartet – Live In London – Resonance
4 Stanley Jordan – State Of  Nature – Mack Ave.
5 Matt Jorgensen + 451 – Another Morning – Origin
5 Steve Khan – The Suitcase – Tone Center
5 Charles Lloyd Quartet – Rabo de Nube – ECM
4 Pete Malinverni – Invisible Cities – Reservoir
5 Irvin Mayfield & Ellis Marsalis – Love Songs, Ballads & Standards – Basin Street
5 Brad Mehldau Trio – Live – Nonesuch
5 Alma Micic – The Hours – CTA
4 Stanton Moore Trio – Emphasis (On Parenthesis) – Concord
4 David ‘Fathead’ Newman – Diamondhead – HighNote
5 Arturo O’Farill & The Afro-Latin Jazz Orch. – Song For Chico
4 Perez – It’s Happening – zoho
4 Enrico Pieranunzi… - As Never Befote – CAM
5 Diane Reeves – When You Know – Blue Note
5 Third World Love – New Blues – Anzic Records
4 James Taylor Quartet – Live At The Jazz Café – Kudosrecords
5 Trio Da Paz & Joe Locke – Live At Jazz Baltica – Max Jazz
4 Jacob Varmus – All The Things We Still Can Be – Crows’ Kin Records
5 Bobby Watson – From The Heart – Palmetto
4 K. Werner & R. Vitro Delirium Blues Project – Serve Or Suffer – Half Note
4 Jessica Williams – Songs For A New Century – Origin
4 Miguel Zenon – Awake – Marsalis Music

2 – 3 spins

2 Airmen Of Note – Jazz Heritage Series 2008 Radio Broadcasts
3 John Beasley – Letter To Herbie – Resonance Records
2 Louie Bellson / Clark Terry – Louie & Clark Expedition 2 – Percussion Power
3 Karen Blixt – Mad Hope – hi fli records
2 TK Blue – Follow The North Star – JaJa Records
3 Melody Breyer-Grell – Fascinatin’ Rhythms – Rhombus
3 Bridge Quartet – Day – Origin
2 Felicia Carter – Feather – Alberta Records
3 Dawn Clement – Break – Origin
3 Lainie Cooke – It’s Always You – Harlemwood Records
3 Dave Corbus – Sound Down – Jazzed Media
3 Bryan Doherty Band – Rigamarole – Origin
2 Tobias Gebb & Trio West – An Upper Westside Story – Yummy House
2 James Geralden – Tender And Blue – Self Produced
3 Alex Graham – Brand New – Origin
3 Luther Hughes Cannonball-Coltrane Project – Spectacular – Primrose Lane
2 Sandy Kastel – This Time Around – Silk & Satin Records
2 Elisabeth Kontomanou – Back To My Groove – Nocturne
2 Dawn Lambeth – Let’s Get Lost – Spanish Shawl
3 Doug MacDonald – Beautiful Friendship – blujazz
3 John McNeil/Bill McHenry – Rediscovery – Sunnyside
2 Mesa Com. College Jazz Ensembles… - Then & Now – Sea Breeze
3 Doug Miller – Regeneration – Origin
3 Marcus Miller – Marcus – Concord
3 Sean Nowell – Firewerks – Positone
2 Luis Mario Ochoa Quintet – Momentos Cubanos – Cuban Music Prod.
3 Rob Parton’s Jazztech Big Band – Just One Of Those Things – Sea Breeze
2 Paulien – Selftitled – Brik Productions
2 Michael Pedicin Quintet – Everything Starts Now… Jazz Hut
3 Roberta Piket Trio – Love & Beauty – Thirteenth Note Records
2 Bill Prouten – Low –Down, No Good… - MAP
2 Rented Mule – Self titled – Self Produced
3 Paul Renz Quintet – ReBop – Gabwalk Records
3 Claudio Roditi – Impressions – Sunnyside
3 Thom Rotella 4-tet – Out Of The Blues – Four Bar Music
3 Avery Sharpe – Legends & Mentors – JKNM Records
3 Jaleel Shaw – Optimism – Changu  Records
2 Gust Spenos Quartet – Swing Theory – Self Produced
3 Grant Stewart – Young At Heart  - Sharp Nine
3 Sumi Tonooka Trio – Long Ago Today – Arc
3 Judy Wexler – Dreams & Shadows – Jazzed Media
2 Whit Williams Big Band – Selftitled – MAMA Records

JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 4/27/08

Eric Alexander Quartet – Prime Time – HighNote
Brian Blade Fellowship Band – Season Of Changes – Verve
Brubreck Brothers Quartet – Classified – Koch
George Cables – Morning Song – HighNote
Alexandra Caselli – Rough Edges – Moonjumpers
Wayne Escoffery & Veneration – Hopes & Dreams – Savant
Lionel Louke – Karibu – Blue Note
Gary Morgan… - Felicidade – CAP
Russ Mullen & The Jazz Associates – Metro Mile – Selfproduced
Bill O’Conell – Triple Play – Savant
Harry Pickens Trio – The Shadow Of Your Smile – Selfproduced
Mary Lou Williams – A Grand Night For Swinging - HighNote

WORLD MUSIC PLUS

***  Adds this week   W = World

W 2 dj Dolores – 1 Real - Ziriguiboom
W 4 Amos Hoffman – Evolution – RazDaz
W 2 Mofongo – Tumbao – AGO
W 5 Dj Logic/ Jason Miles - Global Noize - Shanachie
W 4 Kassin + 2 – Futurismo – Luaka Bop
W 2 Moodafaruka – Essential Moodafaruka - Megawave
W 4 Youssou  N’Dour  - Rokku Mi Rokka – Nonesuch
W 4 Pacifica – Asuncio’n – Six Degrees
W 4 Rupa & The April Fishes – Extraordinary Rendition - Cumbancha
*** W Jef Stott – Saracen – Six Degrees
W 3 Think Of One – Camping Shaa’bi – Crammed Discs
W 3 Na Massa – Her Name Is Rio – Nublu Records
W 5 Various – African Party - Putumayo
W 2 Various - Tango Around The World - Putumayo
W 2 Various - Latin Jazz  – Putumayo
W 4 Various - Umalali Garfuna Women’s Project – Cumbancha/StoneTree
W 2 Various – We Are Ohana/Songs Of Hope - Perryscope

PLUS

*** Christopher Adler – Ecstatic Volutions In A Neon Haze - Innova
3 Ahn Trio – Lullaby For My Favorite Insomniac – RCA Red Seal
3 JD Allen Trio – I Am I Am - Sunnyside
4 Jeff Coffin & Charlie Peacock – Arc Of The Circle – Runway Records
*** Fieldwork – Door - Pi
*** Ron George – The Floating Bubble - Innova
4 Drew Gress – The Irrational Numbers – Premonition Records
4 Wayne Horvitz Gravitas Quartet – One Dance Alone - Songlines
4 Vijay Iyer – Tragicomic - Sunnyside
2 Ann Licater – Following The Call – Cul De Sac Mystic
4 Bennie Maupin Quartet – Early Reflections - Cryptogramophone
4 Moss – Selftitled - Sunnyside
3 Alan Pasqua – The Antisocial Club - Cryptogramophone
*** Poolplayers – Way Below The Surface - Songlines
*** George Schuller… - like before,somewhat after - Playscape
3 Colin Stetson – New History Warfare: Vol. 1 – aagoo Records
4 Victor Wooten – Palmystery – Heads Up

THE NEXT ADD DATE FOR WWSP is 5/4. I will have space for 10 Jazz discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality music that we receive. Thanks for your support of WWSP  90fm.  Russ
Russell HainesJazz/World Music DirectorWWSP 90fm1608 Reserve StreetStevens Point, WI. 54481