[JPL] TomtheJazzman Playlist 4/27/08

TomtheJazzman tomthejazzman at embarqmail.com
Mon Apr 28 02:59:50 EDT 2008

This week we featured many selections from Ella Fitzgerald celebrating
her 91st
birthday last week.  We also featured multiple selections from Dr. Billy
Taylor in
recognition of the Dr. Billy Taylor Jazz Festival in Greenville this
past weekend*

TomtheJazzman
WTEB-89.3, WKNS-90.3, WBJD-91.5
WZNB-88.5, Greenville-88.1

Sunday April 27, 2008
*
6 pm
06:00 pm      Carol King     Jazzman         Ode      1

06:01 pm     Dr. Billy Taylor     Naima            1
06:07 pm     Taylor Eigsti     I Love You      Concord      1
06:11 pm     The Brubeck Brothers     Blue Rondo A La Turk (w/ Imani
Winds)      Koch Classics      1
06:19 pm     Wayne Escoffery     Love Walked In      Savant      1
06:25 pm     Bill O'Connell     You've Changed      Savant      1
06:31 pm     The Craig Russo Latin Jazz Project     Butterfly
 Cagoots      1
06:38 pm     Billy Taylor & Gerry Mulligan     Line For Lyons      MCG
Jazz      1
06:52 pm     Norma Winestone     Everytime We say Goodbye     ECM    1
06:58 pm     Jim Adkins    After The Rain
7 pm
07:04 pm     Gene Harris     In A Mellow Tone      Resonance      1
07:08 pm     John Beasley     Eye Of The Hurricane      Resonance      1
07:13 pm     Nina Simone     I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free
     RCA / BMG / Legacy      1
07:17 pm     Billy Taylor     I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be
Free       Arkadia      1
07:24 pm     Marlena Shaw   I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free
07:40 pm     Ella Fitzgerald & Stevie Wonder     You Are The Sunshine Of
My Life      Verve      1
07:28 pm     Dr. Billy Taylor  Let Us Make A Joyful Noise/Spiritual
Taylor Made
07:46 pm     Nicholas Payton     Chinatown      Nonesuch      1
07:50 pm     Scott Hamilton     Save Your Love For Me      Concord Jazz
     1
07:55 pm     Alexandra Caselli     Colors Of The Rain      Moonjumpers
     1
8 pm
08:01 pm     Brian Blade & The Fellowship Band     Rubylou's Lullaby
 Verve      1
08:06 pm     Sumi Tonooka     Nami's Song      ARC      1
08:14 pm     Dianne Reeves     The Windmills Of Your Mind      Blue Note
     1
08:20 pm     Gene Harris     There Is No Greater Love      Resonance      1
08:28 pm     Billy Taylor & Gerry Mulligan     Capricious      MCG Jazz
     1
08:34 pm     George Cables     As Time Goes By      HighNote      1
08:38 pm     Kenny Werner & Roseanna Vitro     What Is Hip      Half
Note      1
08:44 pm     John Beasley     Chan's Song      Resonance      1
08:51 pm     Eric Alexander     We All Love Eddie Harris      HighNote
     1
08:58 pm     Eliane Elias     Evanesque      Somethin' Else / Blue Note
     1
9 pm
09:04 pm    Ella Fitzgerald   Desafinado
09:07 pm    Dr. Billy Taylor     Body And Soul
09:16 pm     Ella Fitzgerald     (If You Can't Sing It) You'll Have To
Swing It (Mr. Paganini)      Verve      1
09:21 pm     Dr. Billy Taylor     I'll Remember April      GRP
09:31 pm     Ella Fitzgerald     How High The Moon      Verve      1
09:39 pm     Sam Barsh     Wake Up And Smile      Razdaz      1
09:44 pm     Spike Wilner     The Breeze And I      Posi-Tone      1
09:52 pm     Stanley Jordan     All Blues      Mack Avenue      1
10 pm
10:00 pm     Sumi Tonooka     Long Ago Today      ARC      1
10:11 pm     Thom Rotella 4-Tet     Never Say Goodbye      Four Bar      1
10:19 pm     Dr. Billy Taylor   Morning   Taylor Made
10:26 pm     Bobby Watson     Del Corazon      Palmetto      1
10:30 pm     Victor Wooten     The Gospel      Heads Up      1
10:35 pm     Gary Morgan & Pan Americana     Viajando Pelo Brasil
 Consolidated Artists      1
10:42 pm     Gust Spenos     Billy Boy      Swing Theory      1
10:49 pm     Marian McPartland     Twilight World      Concord      1
10:55 pm     Mike Garson     Nardis      Reference      1