[JPL] PLAYLIST: Bright Moments 4/28/08 KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 91.3 FM

Bill Barton seekandlisten at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 14:42:21 EDT 2008

Bright Moments

with Bill Barton

Monday, April 28, 2008

0000-0200

KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 91.3 FM

www.kbcs.fm

Rahsaan Roland Kirk - The Call - Third Dimension and Beyond - Gambit

[mike break]

Jayne Cortez & The Firespitters - I See Chano Pozo - There It Is - Bola
Press

Dizzy Gillespie (w/Chano Pozo) - Cubano Bop - The Bebop Revolution - RCA
Bluebird

Jayne Cortez & The Firespitters - If the Drum is a Woman - There It Is -
Bola Press

Dizzy Gillespie (w/Chano Pozo) - Manteca - The Bebop Revolution - RCA
Bluebird

Abbey Lincoln - Afro-Blue - Abbey is Blue - Riverside

[mike break]

John Tchicai/Andy Gonzalez/Marvin "Smitty" Smith - Ask Me If You Know (Paul
Haines) - Darn It! - American Clavé

Jimmy Giuffre/Bob Brookmeyer/Jim Hall - Blue Monk - Western Suite - Atlantic

Lee Konitz & Jimmy Giuffre - (duo) - 5/18/78 San Francisco - (private
recording)

John Tchicai & Andrew Cyrille - Those Sweet Blue Olives of Bombay - Darn It!
- American Clavé

[mike break - read "Those Sweet Blue Olives of Bombay]

Conjure/Ishmael Reed - Go to Jazz - Bad Mouth - American Clavé

(N) Reptet - Eve of Thieve - Chicken or Beef? - Monktail Records

[mike break]

David Budbill/William Parker/Hamid Drake - While We've Still Got Feet -
Songs for a Suffering World - Boxholder

Ishmael Reed & David Murray - Prayer to Earth - Bad Mouth - American Clavé

Budbill/Parker/Drake - I Believe - Songs for a Suffering World - Boxholder

[mike break]

Ishmael Reed - St. Louis Women (excerpts) - Conjure: Cab Calloway Stands in
for the Moon - American Clavé

(N) Gordon Grdina's Box Cutter - Peripheral Ghosts - New Rules for Noise -
Line Spool

(N) Jason Kao Hwang - Third Sight - Stories Before Within - Innova

[mike break - outro]

(N) = new release

In memoriam: Jimmy Giuffre (April 26, 1921 - April 24, 2008)

National Poetry Month: David Budbill, Jayne Cortez, Paul Haines & Ishmael
Reed