[JPL] PLAYLIST - Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX 04-25-08 & 04-28-08

JASON M MILLER jmmiller at my.lamar.edu
Mon Apr 28 16:06:02 EDT 2008

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.-Fri. 1:30pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

Airdate: 04-25-08

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label)

Theme

Woody Herman And His Thundering Herd - Four Brothers - The Thundering
Herds, 1945-1947 (Columbia)
The Jimmy Giuffre Trio - The Train And The River - The Sound Of Jazz
(Columbia)
Jimmy Giuffre, Pee Wee Russell, Jo Jones, Danny Barker - Blues - The
Sound Of Jazz (Columbia)
Anita O'Day - It Had To Be You - Cool Heat: Anita O'Day Sings Jimmy
Giuffre Arrangements (Verve)
Anita O'Day - Come Rain Or Come Shine - Cool Heat: Anita O'Day Sings
Jimmy Giuffre Arrangements (Verve)

  BREAK

The Woody Herman Orchestra - Four Brothers - A Tribute To The Legacy Of
Woody Herman (NY Jam)
Woody Herman Orchestra - Four Others - The Third Herd (Discovery)

  BREAK

Seven Sensational Saxophones - Five Brothers - Fujitsu-Concord 26th
Jazz Festival (Concord)

  BREAK

Stan Bock Ensemble - I'll Remember April - Your Check's In The Mail
(OA2)
Clifford Brown & Max Roach - I'll Remember April - At Basin Street
(Mercury)

  BREAK

Hadley Caliman - This Is New - Gratitude (Origin)

  BREAK

Woody Herman & His Orchestra - Blue Flame - A Tribute To The Legacy Of
Woody Herman (NY Jam)

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.-Fri. 1pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

Airdate: 04-28-08

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label)

    HOUR ONE

Brandi Disterheft - Dah Knee Low - Debut (Superfran)
Brent Jensen - Sweet And Lovely - One More Mile (Origin)
Marian McPartland - Afternoon In Paris - Twilight World (Concord)
Ben Paterson Trio - I Thought You Should Know - Breathing Space (OA2)
Alexis Cole - I Thought About You - Zingaro (Canopy Jazz)
Alexis Cole - Walkin' - Zingaro (Canopy Jazz)
Joe Beck & John Abercrombie - My Romance - Coincidence (Whaling City
Sound)
Roberta Gambarini & Hank Jones - Deep Purple - You Are There (Emarcy)
Holly Cole - Charade - Holly Cole (Koch)
Julian Yeo - Too Close For Comfort - Unusual Passage (Yeomo)
Dee Daniel - Our Day Will Come - Jazzinit (Origin)

  BREAK

    HOUR TWO

Linda Ciofalo - Here Comes The Sun - Sun Set (Lucky Jazz)
Pat Metheny Trio - Let's Move - Day Trip (Nonesuch)
Joe Beck - Invitation - The Journey (dmp)
The Shook/Russo Trio - Just You, Just Me/Evidence - Introducing The FAB
Trio (Summit)

  BREAK
Tom Scott & Various Artists - Jive Samba - Cannon Re-Loaded (Concord)
Billy Taylor & Gerry Mulligan - Darn That Dream - Live At MCG (mcg jazz)
Gail Pettis - Moonlight In Vermont - May I Come In? (OA2)
Tom Tallitsch - Little Dancers - Medicine Man (OA2)

  BREAK
Ted Kooshian's Standard Orbit Quartet - Don't Give Up - Ted Kooshian's
Standard Orbit Quartet (Summit)