[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 4/27

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Tue Apr 29 08:58:38 EDT 2008

Here’s this past weekend’s version of Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Midnight (Barbara Knight Interview)

Barbara Knight        Secret Love              Angel Eyes
BK

Barbara Knight       Bye-Bye, Blackbird     Night and Day                BK

Barbara Knight      You Go to My Head     Angel Eyes                     BK

Carol Wellsman      Lucky to be Me               (same)
Welgar

Barbara Knight    I’m Beginning to See the Light    Angel Eyes       BK

Barbara Night         Night and Day                 (same)
BK

Barbara Knight           Single Flower          Angel Eyes
BK

Tierney Sutton            Early Autumn        Unsung Heroes
Telarc

Barbara Knight           Angel Eyes                  (same)
BK

1:00AM

Duke Heitger          My Buddy            Swingville OJC Sampler
Swingville

William Bolcom     Graceful Ghost      Our Town, Our Time
Megawave

Jesse Gelber        Solitude                         How Long Blues
Gelber Music

David Newman            Skylark                  Diamondhead
High Note

Luther Hughes                All Blues               Spectacular
Primrose Lane

Thom Rotella               Who Dat?             Out of the Blues
Four Bar

Tom Scott                 Sack o’ Woe         Cannon Re-Loaded
Concord

2:00AM

Mike Pedicin          LA to Philly        Everything Starts Now

Jazz Hut

Ken Edwards      Interesting Theory      Lost in This Place
Armored

Bridge Quartet         Exidence                        Day
Origin

Jae Sinnett                   Manque               It’s Telling
J-Nett

Charles Lloyd        Sweet Georgia Bright        Rabo de Nube
ECM

Doug Miller                  Seven                  Regeneration
Origin

3:00AM

Susan Krebs     Strange Meadowlark          Jazz Aviary
Green Gig

Maria Schneider       Cerulean Skies              Sky Blue
Artist Share

Mingus Big Band     Bird Calls                Live in Tokyo
Sue Mingus Music

Charles Mingus             Blue Bird                   In Paris
Sunnyside

4:00AM

Bob Belden              All Blues                 Miles from India
4 Q/Times Square

Ron Di Salvio           Essence of Green            (same)
Origin

Miles Davis              Autumn Leaves        Monterey Highlights
MJF

Fahir Atakoglu          Gypsy in Me             Istanbul in Blue
Far and Here

Tigran Hamasyan         Gypsyology                      New Era
BluJazz

Café Antarsia Ensemble    Djelem/Rakija Waltz   Songs of the Table  Innova

5:00AM

Irvin Mayfield-Ellis Marsalis     My One and Only Love

                                                Love Songs, Ballads and
Standards       Basin Street

Sumi Tonooka          All of You                          Long Ago Today
ARC

Lawson Rollins           Café Jobim                        Infinita
Infinita

Paquito d’Rivera         Milonga 10                     Funk Tango
Sunnyside

Miguel Zenon               Penta                                 Awake
Marsalis Music

Arturo O’Farrill            Song for Chico                       (same)
Zoho

Craig Russo               Butterfly                       In the Middle
Cagoots

Mike Longo             Dancing in the Dark      Float Like a Butterfly
CAP

Grant Stewart            You’re My Thrill         Young at Heart
Sharp Nine

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV