[JPL] Big Band Singer

Jackson, Bobby Bobby.Jackson at ideastream.org
Wed Apr 30 12:15:15 EDT 2008

Patti Austin......

Bobby Jackson

-----Original Message-----
From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com
[mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of John Simna
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 11:56 AM
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: RE: [JPL] Big Band Singer

This week's sponsor: Chico Hamilton hits w/ ''It's About Time! EP'' on
Joyous Shout!

''My first recording as a leader was a trio with Howard Roberts on
guitar and George Duvivier on bass- a 10'' LP made for Pacific Jazz in
1955. This album was virtually the first recording made with the focus
on the members of the rhythm section as lead instruments. Fifty- three
years later we've recorded 'It's About Time!' in the same trio format
with Cary DeNigris on guitar and Paul Ramsey on bass. These two
brilliant players are my right hand and my left hand.''

-- Chico Hamilton

www.myspace.com/chicohamilton
Publicity: april at amtpublicrelations.com
Label: joyshout at evansville.net

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

John Pizzarelli was just here in Cleveland with his Sinatra charts and
was
well-received.

John Simna
jsimna at wclv.com

We are putting the finishing touches on the Savannah Jazz Festival (Held
in
late Sept) & I wanted to ask the panel for suggestions about who might,
in
your festival experience, be a great singer to front a big band.  The
singer
would have to have big band charts.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Larry