[JPL] Big Band Singer

MAKPJAZZ57 at aol.com MAKPJAZZ57 at aol.com
Wed Apr 30 14:39:24 EDT 2008

Excellent choice - Denise Thimes.

Vocalist Jeanie Bryson also has big band charts.

Marla

In a message dated 4/30/2008 11:27:56 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
JazzCorner at aol.com writes:

This  week's sponsor: Chico Hamilton hits w/ ''It's About Time! EP'' on
Joyous  Shout!

''My first recording as a leader was a trio with Howard Roberts  on guitar
and George Duvivier on bass- a 10'' LP made for Pacific Jazz in  1955. This
album was virtually the first recording made with the focus on the  members of the
rhythm section as lead instruments. Fifty- three years later  we've recorded
'It's About Time!' in the same trio format with Cary DeNigris  on guitar and
Paul Ramsey on bass. These two brilliant players are my right  hand and my left
hand.''

-- Chico  Hamilton

www.myspace.com/chicohamilton
Publicity:  april at amtpublicrelations.com
Label:  joyshout at evansville.net

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Larry

I  have truly the perfect singer.  Denise Thimes.com -
http://denisethimes.com
- Clark Terry says she's his discovery, but he's  been arguing with Jimmy
Heath about that (smile)! She's fronted the Clark  Terry Big Band at the Blue
Note,
Flushing Town Hall and headlined at the  White House on Valentine's Day.
Please look at her site, to hear her  sound bites.

http://denisethimes.com  - She's got  it.

Peace
Lois  Gilbert
jazzcorner.com

Need a new ride? Check  out the largest site for
U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.