[JPL] Big Band Singer

Bradley M. Stone bstone at science.sjsu.edu
Wed Apr 30 16:53:34 EDT 2008

Aloha,

I'm going to suggest a different Denise - Denise Donatelli.  Her release
"In the Company of Friends" from 2005 on Jazzed Media was one of the
best vocal recordings I had heard in a long time.... she killed at the
San Jose Jazz Festival last August.....and wait until you hear her new
release, which should come out around September, produced by Geoff
Keezer....

The light is most definitely on.

Brad

Dr. Brad Stone
Music Director (Jazz, Blues World)
Faculty Advisor
KSJS 90.5 FM
1 Washington Square
San Jose State University
San Jose, CA   95192-0094

Home Office:
9381 Durango Lane
Gilroy, CA   95020
bstone at science.sjsu.edu
(408) 848-6266

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We are putting the finishing touches on the Savannah Jazz Festival (Held
in late Sept) & I wanted to ask the panel for suggestions about who
might, in your festival experience, be a great singer to front a big
band. The singer would have to have big band charts.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Larry

Larry Dane-Kellogg
WHCJ 90-.3 FM / Savannah Jazz Festival
Savannah, GA

List information:
Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com

Peace &  Jazz

    Michael A. Valentine

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try
it now.

List information: