[JPL] PLAYLIST: 08-03-08 Sunday Jazz Matinee/WSHA FM 88.9

Benjamin F Boddie bfboddie at embarqmail.com
Sun Aug 3 21:03:24 EDT 2008

WSHA 88.9 FM
Raleigh, N.C.
www.wshafm.org

Sunday Jazz Matinee
For The Love Of Jazz
Ben Boddie
bfboddie at msn.com

Noon
Marian McPartland - Blue In Green - Twilight World - Concord Music - 2008
Scott Hamilton - Save Your Love For Me - Across The Tracks - Concord Music - 2008
Derrick Gardner And The Jazz Prophets - God's Gift - A Ride To The Other Side - Owl Studios - 2008
Carmen Lundy - Come Home - Come Home - Afrasia Production - 2008
McCoy Tyner - What The World Needs Now Is Love - What The World Needs Now - GRP Records - 1997
Mark Prince - Gratitude - Fraction Of Infinity - Contour - 2007
Jamie Davis - Pennies From Heaven - Vibe Over Perfection - Unity Music - 2008
TK Blue - The Township Diary - Follow The North Star - JaJa - 2008

1:00
Steve Turre - Brother Ray - Rainbow People - High Note - 2008
Gust Spenos Quartet - Looking For Someplace To Be - Swing Theory - Swing Theory - 2007
David Leonhardt Trio - Peace - Explorations - Big Bang Records - 2008 - B
Robin McKelle - Remember - Modern Antique - Cheap Lullaby Records - 2007 - B
Jeff Hackworth - Can't Help Falling In Love - Where The Blue Begins - Big Bridge Music - 2008 - B
Joe Magnarelli - D Train Boogaloo - Persistence - Reservoir Music - 2008 - B - 08/03
Anna Maria Flechero - And I Love Her (Him) - Within the Fourteenth Hour - BMI - 2008 - B
Coleman Hawkins - Chant - Keepnews Collection - Concord Music - 2008 - B

2:00
Jaleel Shaw - Love For Sale - Optimism - Changu Records - 2008 - B
Dick Hyman & Chris Hopkins - Sunny Morning - Teddy Wilson In 4 Hands - Victoria Company - 2007
Ellis Marsalis Quartet - Epistrophy - An Open Letter To Thelonious - ELM Records - 2008
Rita Edmond - Here's That Rainy Day - Sketches Of A Dream - T.O.T.I. Music - 2008
Piers Lawerence Quartet - Stolen Moments - Stolen Moments - Jazz Net Media - 2007
Joe Baione - All Blues - Oh Yeah! - Joe Baione - 2008
Janis Mann - Someone To Light Up My Life - A Perfect Time - Pancake Records - 2008
Miles Davis - Nature Boy - Muted Miles - Concord Music - 2008

3:00
Rick Wald & 16/NYC - Maiden Voyage - Play That Thing - Glowbow - 2008
Joel Haynes Trio - Transitions - Transitions - Cellar Live - 2008
John Ellis & Double Wide - Dance Like There's No Tomorrow - Dance Like There's No Tomorrow - Hyena Records - 2008
Cassandra Wilson - Til There Was You - Loverly - Blue Note - 2008
Five Play - I Could Have Danced All Night - What The World Needs Now - Arbors Records - 2008
Jim Shearer & Chalie Wood - Goodbye Porkpie Hat - The Memphis Hang - Summit Records - 2008
Cory Weeds - For Fathead - Big Weeds - Cellar Live - 2008