[JPL] PLAYLIST: Bright Moments KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 8/04/08

Bill Barton seekandlisten at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 05:44:55 EDT 2008

Bright Moments

with Bill Barton

Monday, August 4, 2008

0000-0200

KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 91.3 FM

www.kbcs.fm

Rahsaan Roland Kirk – Acknowledgement & Resolution from *A Love Supreme* &
Blow the Man Down – Village Vanguard 4/4/74

Louis Armstrong & His Hot Five – Struttin' with Some Barbeque – Masters of
Jazz – Rhino

Sidney Bechet Quintet – Summertime – Masters of Jazz – Rhino

Dizzy Gillespie w/Don Byas – 52nd Street Theme (take 2) – The Bebop
Revolution – RCA Bluebird

Rahsaan Roland Kirk – From Bechet, Fats and Byas – Rahsaan! The Complete
Mercury Recordings of Roland Kirk – Mercury/PolyGram

Lucky Thompson & Dodo Marmarosa – Dodo's Lament – The Chronological
1944-1947 – Chronological Classics

Gene Ammons – My Romance – Boss Tenor – Concord/Prestige

Tubby Hayes Quartet – Speak Low – Commonwealth Blues – Art of Life

Clifford Brown – Easy Living – Memorial Album – Blue Note

Rahsaan Roland Kirk – A Quote from Clifford Brown – Rahsaan! The Complete
Mercury Recordings of Roland Kirk – Mercury/PolyGram

Dave Douglas – The Inflated Tear – Five – Soul Note

Billy Hart – Rahsaan is Beautiful – Enchance – A&M Horizon

Duke Ellington – Moon Maiden – The Intimate Ellington – Pablo

Jayne Cortez & Richard Davis – Essence of Rose Solitude – Celebrations &
Solitudes – Strata East

Rahsaan Roland Kirk – Balm in Gilead – I, Eye, Aye – Rhino/Atlantic

Paul Robeson – Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child – The Power and the
Glory – Legacy

Archie Shepp & Dollar Brand – Ubu Suku – Duet – Denon

Rahsaan Roland Kirk – Conversation – The Case of the 3 Sided Dream in Audio
Color – Atlantic

In memoriam: Rahsaan Roland Kirk (August 7, 1935 – December 5, 1977)

This annual tribute program was this year inspired by the *Radio Free
Rahsaan* series produced and engineered by Rahsaan Roland Kirk in 1973.  It
was an audio collage tied together with the sounds of railroad trains.