[JPL] Playlist WGBH 8 pm - mid. 8/4

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Tue Aug 5 01:40:08 EDT 2008

Monday, Aug 4, 8pm–midnight, WGBH 89.7

Monday Night Spotlight  Lester Young

	8:00pm

8:09pm
Jones-Smith Inc.: Lady Be Good, The Real Kansas City (Columbia/Legacy 64855)

8:14pm
Jones-Smith Inc.: Boogie Woogie, Lester Young Countless Blues (Past
Perfect 205437-202)

8:17am
Billie Holiday: This Year's Kisses, A Musical Romance (Columbia/Legacy)

8:20pm
Billie Holiday: I Must Have That Man, Countless Blues (Past Perfect
205437-202)

8:23pm
Billie Holiday: Mean To Me, Lester Young Countless Blues (Past Perfect
205437-202)

8:30pm
Count Basie: One O'Clock Jump, Lester Young The Basie Years (Past
Perfect 205445-202)

8:35pm
Billie Holiday: She's Funny That Way, A Musical Romance (Columbia/Legacy)

8:37pm
Billie Holiday: Gettin' Some Fun Out Of Life, Lester Young Countless
Blues (Past Perfect 205437-202)

8:40pm
Billie Holiday: I Can't Believe That Your In Love With Me, Lester Young
Lester Leaps In (Past Perfectt 205438-202)

8:47pm
Count Basie: Every Tub, Lester Young The Basie Years (Past Perfect
205445-202)

8:51pm
Count Basie: Swingin' The Blues, Lester Young The Basie Years (Past
Perfect 205445-202)

8:53pm
Count Basie: Jumpin' At The Woodside, Lester Young The Basie Years (Past
Perfect 205445-202)

8:59pm
The Kansas City Six: Way Down Yonder In New Orleans, The Kansas City
Sessions (Commodore 402)

9:01pm
The Kansas City Six: I Want A Little Girl, The Kansas City Sessions
(Commodore 402)

9:04pm
The Kansas City Six: Pagin' The Devil, The Kansas City Sessions
(Commodore 402)

9:11pm
Various Artists: Blues With Helen, From Spirituals To Swing (Vanguard 47/48)

9:15pm
Various Artists: Don't Be That Way, From Spirituals To Swing (Vanguard
47/48)

9:21pm
Count Basie: Taxi War Dance, The Essential Count Basie Vol 1 (Columbia
40608)

9:24pm
Count Basie: On The Sunny Side Of The Street, Lester Young Lester Leaps
In (Past Perfect 205438-202)

9:27pm
Count Basie: Clap Hands Here Comes Charlie, One O'Clock Jump
(Columbia/Legacy 81744)

9:29pm
Count Basie: Lester Leaps In, Lester Young Lester Leaps In (Past Perfect
205438-202)

9:36pm
Billie Holiday: The Man I Love, A Musical Romance (Columbia/Legacy)

9:39pm
Billie Holiday: All Of Me, Lester Young I Never Knew (Past Perfect
205439-202)

9:43pm
Lester Young: I Can't Get Started, The Complete Aladdin Recordings (Blue
Note 32787)

9:51pm
Coleman Hawkins: Body And Soul, The Bebop Years (Proper 1153)

9:54pm
Jay McShann: Body And Soul, Charlie Parker Early Bird (Stash 542)

9:57pm
Lester Young: Body And Soul, The Complete Aladdin Recordings (Blue Note
32787)

10:06pm
Lester Young: Hello Babe, Classic Tenors (CBS Special Products 38446)

10:09pm
Lester Young: I'm Fer It To, Classic Tenors (CBS Special Products 38446)

10:15pm
Lester Young: Six Cats And A Prince, The Complete Lester Young (Mercury
830920)

10:19pm
Kansas City Seven: Destination K.C., The Complete Lester Young (Mercury
830920)

10:26pm
Lester Young: Blue Lester, The Complete Savoy Recordings (Savoy 17122)

10:29pm
Lester Young: Ghost Of A Chance, The Complete Savoy Recordings (Savoy 17122)

10:35pm
Lester Young: D.B. Blues, The Complete Aladdin Recordings (Blue Note 32787)

10:38pm
Lester Young: Jumpin' At Messner's, The Complete Aladdin Recordings
(Blue Note 32787)

10:44pm
JATP: I Can't Get Started, The Complete Charlie Parker On Verve (Verve
837142)

10:53pm
JATP: I Can't Get Started, Coleman Hawkins The Bebop Years (Proper 1156)

11:06pm
Lester Young: Jumpin' With Symphony Sid, The Complete Aladdin Recordings
(Blue Note 32787)

11:09pm
Lester Young: Indiana, Lester Young Lester Swings (Past Perfect 205444)

11:16pm
Lester Young and Harry Sweets Edison: Pennies From Heaven, Ultimate
(Verve 314539772)

11:24pm
Various Artists: I Didn't Know What Time It Was, Ultimate Lester Young
(Verve 314539772)

11:34pm
Lester Young and Teddy Wilson: Love Me Or Leave Me, Pres and Teddy
(Verve 831270)

11:41pm
Lester Young and Teddy Wilson: All Of Me, Pres and Teddy (Verve 831270)

11:48pm
Count Basie: Polka Dots And Moonbeams, Count Basie At Newport (Verve 833776)

11:52pm
Various Artists: Fine and Mellow, The Sound Of Jazz (Columbia/Legacy 660082)

Airtimes are approximate.

Eric Jackson
Mon - Thurs 8 pm - mid.
89.7 FM WGBH Boston