[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for8/3

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Tue Aug 5 10:00:33 EDT 2008

Here's this past weekend's version of Jazz All Night from WCLV in CLeveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Mid (Rick Stone interview)

Rick Stone        Duck Duck             Samba de Novembro
Jazzand

Rick Stone      This I Dig of You               Far East
Jazzand

Jim Hall          My Heart Sings                 Hallmarks
Concord

Rick Stone        Autumn in Three    Samba de Novembro              Jazzand

1:00AM
Chip White       Duke; Three for Mr. Ellington

                                                               Double
Dedication            Dark Colors

Duke Ellington     I Got it Bad       Ellington at Newport
Columbia Legacy

Duke Ellington       Jeep's Blues                     "
"

Duke Ellington Legacy    Mainstem   Thank You, Uncle Edward  Remma

Virginia Mayhew     Sandan Shuffle    A Simple Thank You         Remma

Elli Fordyce          Dindi              Something Still Cool
Fordyce

Ernie Krivda        Blue Hokum        The Art of the Trio
CIMP

2:00AM

Elio Villafranca       Oddua Suite    The Space In Between             Ceiba
Tree

Gonzalo Rubalcaba         This is It               Avatar
Blue Note

Arturo O'Farrill        Starry Nights             Song for Chico
Zoho

Wayne Wallace    Coming Runing to Me   The Nature of the Beat  Patois

Steven Kroon   Used to be a Cha Cha           El Mas Alla
Kroonatune

Sammy Figueroa      Seven Steps to Heaven     The Magician         Savant

David Sanchez        Monk's Mood                  Cultural Survival
Concord

3:00AM

David Murray-Mal Waldron       Jean-Pierre        Silence
Justin Time

Kahil el'Zabar-Pharoah Sanders     Ka's Blues    Ooh Live
Katalyst

Saxophone Summit              Expression           Seraphic Light
Telarc

Frank Morgan            Equinox                 Early Trane
High Note

Jerry Bergonzi        Girl Idlig                  Tenor Talk
Savant

4:00AM

Roy Hargrove       Speak Low                          Earfood
EmArcy

James Carter            Tenderly                     Present Tense
EmArcy

Eric Alexander        Some Other Time          Prime Time
High Note

Jamie Davis     Round Midnight       Vibe Over Perfection              Unity
Music

Cedar Walton      A Nightingale Sang.      Seasoned Wood          High Note

Tim Warfield     Yours is My Heart Alone   One for Shirley           Criss
Cross

John Patton         The Coaster                   Soul Connection
Just a Memory

5:00AM

Johnny Griffin    All Through the Night      Dance of Passion
Antilles

Esperanza Spaulding    Cuerro y Alma            Esperanza
Heads Up

Lionel Loueke          Skylark                            Karibu
Blue Note

Houston Person-Ron Carter    Blueberry Hill

                                                              Just Between
Friends         High Note

Freddie Hubbard       On the Real Side               (same)
4Q/Times Square

Hadley Calliman        This is New                    Gratitude
Origin

Cory Weeds     It's Only a Paper Moon         Big Weeds
Cellar Live

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV