[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, August 5, 2008

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Tue Aug 5 13:51:07 EDT 2008

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Golden Anniversary feature: Thelonious in Action

8:00 PM Thelonious Monk Misterioso Blues Five Spot Riverside 1958

8:09 PM Marian McPartland Twilight World Afternoon in Paris Concord Jazz 2008 http://tinyurl.com/5tmkex Tanglewood Jazz Fest
8:15 PM Cedar Walton Seasoned Wood A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square High Note 2008
8:21 PM Roy Hargrove Earfood Strasbourg/St. Denis Emarcy 2008

8:28 PM Karrin Allyson Imagina: Songs of Brasil Double Rainbow Concord Jazz 2008 http://www.iheg.com/index.asp Iron Horse concert
8:33 PM Steve Turre Rainbow People Para El Comandante High Note 2008
8:42 PM David Sanchez Cultural Survival Coast to Coast Concord Picante 2008

8:56 PM Thelonious Monk Thelonious In Action Light Blue Riverside 1958
9:01 PM Thelonious Monk Thelonious In Action Coming on the Hudson Riverside 1958
9:06 PM Thelonious Monk Thelonious In Action Rhythm-a-ning/Epistrophy Riverside 1958

9:19 PM Joe Magnarelli Persistence I Had the Craziest Dream Reservoir 2008
9:26 PM Dave Berger I Had the Craziest Dream Boulevard of Broken Dreams Such Sweet Thunder 2008
9:30 PM Ted Nash The Mancini Project Dreamsville Palmetto 2008

9:38 PM Mulgrew Miller Live at the Kennedy Center/Vol. 1 Relaxin' at Camarillo Max Jazz 2006 http://tinyurl.com/5tmkex Tanglewood Jazz Fest
9:48 PM Cy Touff & Sandy Mosse Tickle Toe Allen's Alley Delmark 1981

  9:57 PM Thelonious Monk Thelonious In Action Blue Monk Riverside 1958
10:05 PM Thelonious Monk Thelonious In Action Evidence Riverside 1958
10:14 PM Thelonious Monk Thelonious In Action Epistrophy Riverside 1958

10:17 PM Michael Moore & Fred Hersch This We Know Four in One Palmetto 2008
10:21 PM Kenny Barron The Traveler Memories of You Sunnyside 2008
10:28 PM Elio Villafranca The Source in Between Faces Not Evil Ceiba Tree 2008

10:36 PM Thelonious Monk Thelonious In Action Unidentified Piano Solo Riverside 1958
10:38 PM Thelonious Monk Thelonious In Action Blues Five Spot Riverside 1958
10:47 PM Thelonious Monk Thelonious In Action In Walked Bud/Epistrophy Riverside 1958

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR