[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Tuesday August 5, 2008

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Aug 5 21:47:38 EDT 2008

Tonigth's playlist from WCVE Public radio, archived at
ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE Public Radio
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday August 5, 2008

(Vinson, Blackmon) Old Kidney Stew – Kidney Stew Is Fine – Eddie Cleanhead
Vinson – Delmark – DD 631

(Cannonball Adderly) Sack o’ Woe – The Cannonball Adderly Quintet at the
Lighthouse – Capitol – 7243 5 31572 2 7

(Fedre Grofe) On the Trail – On the Trail – Jimmy Heath – Riverside –
OJCCD-1854-2

(Charles Mingus) New Now Know How – Mingus Dynasty – Charles Mingus –
Columbia/Legacy – CK 52922

(Arlen, Harburg, Roe) It’s Only a Paper Moon – Big Weeds – Cory Weeds –
Cellar Live – CL 11308

(Chick Corea) Gemini – Now He Sings, Now He Sobs – Chick Corea – Blue Note
– CDP 7 90055 2

(John Coltrane) The Promise – John Coltrane Live at Birdland – MCA/Impulse
– MCAD-33109

(Antonio Carlos Jobim, Chico Barque) Sabia – Casa – Morelenbaum 2 /
Sakamoto – Sony Classical – SK 89982

(Herbi Hancock) Dolphin Dance – The Awakening – Ahmad Jamal – Impulse –
IMPD-226

8:01 NPR News

(Andrea Brachfield) Descarga del Mundo – Into the World: A Musical
Offering –Shaneye Records – www.andreabrachfield.com

(Michael Phillip Mossman) Dance of Denial – Afro-Cuban Jazz Now – Blue
Note – 7243 5 31378 2 3

(Greer, Klages) Just You, Just Me – Ultimate Lester Young – Verve  - 314
539 772-2

(Turk, Ahlert) Walkin’ My baby Back Home – You’re Driving Me Crazy – Louis
Armtrong – Columbia/Legacy – CK 48828

(McPhail, Michels) San – Apex Blues – Jimmie Noone Featuring Earl Hines –
Dcca Jazz – GRD-633

That Old Feeling – The Noble Art of Teddy Wilson – Teddy Wilson – Living
Era – CD AJA 5450

(Irivng Berlin) Be Careful, It’s My Heart – The Essential Frank Sinatra
with Tommy Dorsey – Bluebird/Legacy – 82876711662

(Seymour Simons, Gerald Marks) All of Me – The Soprano Summit in 1975 and
More – Ruby Braff and Bob Wilber – Arbors Jazz – ARCD 19328

(Bill Holman) As They Reveled – On Stage: The Bill Perkins Octet – Pacific
Jazz – CDP 7243 4 93163 2 4

(Roy Hargrove) The Stinger – Earfood – The Roy Hargrove Quintet – EmArcy –
B0010997-02

(Irving Berlin) Remember – Thelonious Alone n San Francisco – Thelonious
Monk – Riverside – OJCCD-231-2

9:01

(Brian Jones) Kings (for Masada) – Redhead – Brian Jones, John D’earth,
J.C. Kuhl, Randall Pharr – slang sanctuary records 014 –
www.slangsanctuary.com

When You’re in Love – Antipol – Brian Jones New Trio – slang sanctuary
records – 015 – www.slangsanctuary.com

(Joe Magnarelli) D Train Boogaloo – Persistence – Joe Magnaelli –
Reservoir – RSR CD 194

(Rodgers and Hart) My Funny Valentine – Proof Positive – JJ Johnson –
Impulse – GRD-145

(Shirley Scott) Oasis – One for Shirley – Tim Warfield – Criss Cross Jazz
– 1304 CD

(Rahsaan Roland Kirk) Black Root – Dog Years in the Fourth Ring – Rahsaan
Roland Kirk – 32Jazz – 32032

(Cole Porter) I’ve Got You under My Skin – A Night at the Village Vanguard
– Sonny Rollins – Blue Note – 7243 4 99795 2 9

(Wayne Shorter) Iris – E.S.P. – Miles Davis – Columbia/Legacy – CK 65683