[JPL] Playlist WGBH 8 pm - mid 8/5

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Wed Aug 6 01:41:51 EDT 2008

Tuesday, Aug 5, 8pm–midnight, WGBH 89.7

	8:00pm

8:07pm
Jon Lucien: Rashida, GRP 10th Anniversary Collection (GRP 5008)

8:13pm
Miles Davis: In A Silent Way/It's About That Time, In A Silent Way
(Columbia/Legacy 866556)

8:35pm
Tim Warfield: Christo Redentor/Calvary, One For Shirley (Criss Cross 1304)

8:44pm
Roy Hargrove : To Wisdom The Prize, Earfood (Emarcy 0010997)

8:50pm
Laszlo Gardony: Wide Awake, Dig Deep (Sunnyside 4008)

Live interview with John Fass Morton, author, Backstory In Blue:
Ellington At Newport '56

9:00pm
Duke Ellington: Jeep's Blues, Ellington At Newport (Complete)
(Columbia/Legacy 64932)

9:22pm
Duke Ellington: Diminuendo In Blue and Crescendo In Blue, Ellington At
Newport 1956 Complete (Columbia/Legacy 64932)

9:49pm
Duke Ellington: I've Got It Bad And That Ain't Good, Ellington At
Newport 1956 Complete (Columbia/Legacy 64932)

10:00pm
Duke Ellington: Tea For Two, Ellington At Newport 1956 Complete
(Columbia/Legacy)

10:05pm
Steve Allee: Somewhere, Dragonfly (Owl Studios 0117)

10:12pm
Robin McKelle: I Want To Be Loved, Modern Antique (Cheap Lullaby)

10:17pm
Jeremy Pelt: Avatar, November (Maxjazz 407)

10:25pm
Aaron Goldberg: Turning Point, Aaron Goldberg (Jcurve 1004)

10:35pm
Henry Franklin: McCoy, O, What A Beautiful Morning (SP 1011)

10:41pm
Don Braden: Two Of A Kind, Gentle Storm (HighNote 7186)

10:47pm
Cedar Walton: John's Blues, Seasoned Wood (HighNote 7185)

10:57pm
Johnny Griffin: The Congregation, The Congregation (Blue Note 62640)

11:04pm
Grace Kelly & Lee Konitz: Thingin', GracefulLee (Pazz 15-8)

11:14pm
Sonny Rollins: Remembering Tommy, Sonny, Please (Doxy 9730)

11:25pm
Ahmad Jamal: Papillon, It's Magic (Dreyfus 4605036918)

11:30pm
Derrick Gardner: Be One, A Ride To The Other Side (Owl Studios 00121)

11:39pm
Joe Gilman: You And I, View So Tender: Wonder Revisited Vol 2 (Capri
744444086)

11:45pm
Nicholas Payton: Drucilla, Into The Blue (Nonesuch 439100)

11:52pm
Jamie Davis: 'Round Midnight, Vibe Over Perfection (Dig 123)

Airtimes are approximate.

Eric Jackson
Mon - Thurs 8 pm - mid.
89.7 FM WGBH Boston