[JPL] CDBABY.COM HAS BEEN SOLD TO DISC MAKERS

Jazz Promo Services jazzpromo at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 7 07:31:50 EDT 2008

CDBABY.COM HAS BEEN SOLD TO DISC MAKERS  <http://sivers.org/blog>
CMJ recently named the launch of CDBaby.com as #1 on the "Top Ten Most
Important Moments In Indie Music."Just yesterday, CDBaby founder and Indie
music guru Derek Sivers announced the sale of the company to fellow Indie
music giant, Disc Makers. "My new projects are exciting me so much that I
decided to hand over CD Baby to someone that's going to make it better than
ever for you," says Sivers. "I chose Disc Makers as the new owner because
their president, Tony Van Veen, has been one of my favorite people for
years, and I always felt they'd do a better job of running CD Baby than I
could. The CD Baby staff, location, name, and everything else will stay the
same, but I think you'll start to notice more attention given to
improvements that help you sell more music."  Keep up with Derek Sivers'
ever fascinating and inspiring comments and projects meant to help musicians
achieve their goals at www.sivers.org <http://sivers.org/blog> .