[JPL] PLAYLIST: The next Jazz America on VOA

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Aug 7 10:05:46 EDT 2008

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.
The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net and click on schedule in the left column to see the time it is webcast in your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.
Also, please take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments or communication you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #947... 9-10 August 2008
BENNY CARTER.…blue star (further definitions)
ESPERANZA SPALDING.…I know you know (esperanza)
* Lenny White  Interview
RETURN TO FOREVER.…sorceress (romantic warrior)
CHARLIE HADEN .…bird food (american dream)
JAGA JAZZIST.…serafin 1 jungelen (magazine)
CASSANDRA WILSON.…caravan (loverly)
* Chick Corea  Interview
RETURN TO FOREVER.…no mystery (no mystery)
STEVE TURRE.…para el commandante (rainbow people

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #948... 9-10 August 2008
RAHSAAN ROLAND KIRK.…serenade to a cuckoo (simmer…serve)
PATTI AUSTIN.…ability to swing (the secret place)
* Stanley Clarke  Interview
RETURN TO FOREVER.…vulcan worlds (where have I know you before)
ROY HARGROVE.…I’m not sure (earfood)
JAZZ CRUSADERS.…appointment in ghana (best of the jazz crusaders)
ABBEY LINCOLN.…can you dig it? (it’s me)
* Al Di Meola  Interview
RETURN TO FOREVER.…majestic dance (romantic warrior)
JACK DEJOHNETTE.…dancing (parallel realities)

SHOWS #949-950...16-17 August 2008
A Celebration of the 54th birthday of the
award-winning guitarist, composer &
bandleader Pat Metheny featuring his words
plus music by Pat solo, as a sideman &
with the Pat Metheny Group

Russ Davis
Jazz America