[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Jazz Thursday August 7

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Aug 7 21:43:52 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Public radio, archived at
ideastations.org/radio. Please direct cd's for airplay consideration to
the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE Public Radio
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday August 7, 2008

(Bud Powell) Wail – The Complete Blue Note and Capitol Recordings of Fats
Navarro and Tadd Dameron – Bud Powell – Blue Note – CDP 7243 8 33373 2 3

(Miles Davis) Down / (Monk) Little Rootie Tootie – The Prestige Legacy:
The High Priests – Prestige - PRCD-24251-2

(Charlie Parker) Barbados – Charlie Parker: The Complete Live Performances
on Savoy – Savoy Jazz – SVY-17021-24

(Gigi Gryce) Social Call – Glass Enclosure – Rob Schneiderman – Reservoir
– RSR CD 193

(Davis, Ager, Santly) I’m Nobody’s Baby – Ruth Price Sings with the Johnny
Smith Quartet – Fresh Sound – FSR-CD 36

(Redman, Razaf) Gee baby Ain’t I Good to You – Blue Hour – Stnley
Turrentine with the Three Sounds – Blue Note – CDP 7 84057 2

(Andrea Brachfeld) Mambo Yo – Into the World: A Musical Offering – Andrea
Brachfeld – Shaneye Records

(Mintzer) Something Else – Swing out – Bib Mintzer Big Band – Manchester
Craftsmens Guild – MCGJ 1030

(Ray Noble) The Touch of Your Lips – Soul Time – Bobby Timmons – Riverside
– OJCCD-820-2

(Adrian Iaies) Algun Dia Nunca Llega – Vals de la 81st & Columbus – Adrian
Iaies – Sunnyside – SSC 1192

8:01 NPR News

(Brian Jones) Missionaries – Antipol – Brian Jones New Trio with J.C.
Kuhl, Alan Parker – slang sanctuary – 015

(Brian Jones) Postlude – Redhead – Brian Jones with JC Kuhl, John D’earth,
randall Pharr – slang sanctuary – 014

(George and Ira Gershwin) The Man I Love - Seasoned Wood – Cedar Walton –
High Note – HCD 7185

(George and Ira Gershwin) I Can’t Be Bothered Now – The Complete Ella
Fitzgerald Song Books – Verve – 314 519 832-2

(Benny Goodman) A Smooth One – Charlie Christian: The Genius of the
Electric Guitar – Columbia – C4K 65564

(Count Basie) Jumpin’ at the Woodside – Count Basie: The Complete Decca
Recordings – Decca Jazz – GRD-3-611

(Shavers) Dawn on the Desert – Complete Columbia & RCA Victor Recordings
of the John Kirby Sextet – Defiinitive Records – DRCD 11168

(Larocca, Shields) Fidgety Feet – Soprano Summit 1975 – Kenny Davern and
Dick Wellstood – Arbors Jazz – ARCD 19328

(Clarke, Leslie, Handman) Blue and Broken Hearted – Bing Crosby and Some
Jazz Friends – Decca Jazz – GRD-603

(Romero Lubambo) Bachiao – Trio da Paz & Joe Locke Live at Jazbaltica –
Maxjazz – MXJ 701

(Magnarelli) Ballad for Barretto – Persistence – Joe Magnarelli –
Reservoir – RSR CD 194

9:01 NPR News

(Elio Villafranca) Oddua Suite – The Source in Between – Elio Villafranca
and Eric Alexander – Ceiba Tree Music – C.T.M. – 101

(John Latouche, Jerome Moross) Lazy Afternoon – A Flower Truly Blue –
Christina Watson – www.christinawatson.com

(Hodges) Back Beat – Gerry Mulligan Meets Johnny Hodges – Verve – 440 065
513-2

(Abdullah Ibrahim) Ancient Cape – Desert Flowers – Abdullah Ibrahim – Enja
– R2 79680

(Dave Holland) First Snow – What Goes around – Dave Holland Big Band – ECM
– 1777 440 014 002-2

(Benny Golson) Stablemates – People Time – Stan Getz and Kenny Barron –
Verve / Gitanes Jazz – 314 510 823-2