[JPL] David Sanborn

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 21:58:37 EDT 2008

I'm diggin this new Sanborn. Gil Goldstein did a great job with the arrangements. Soulful and fresh...they put a nice touch on these blues classics. Sanborn's blues roots go back to the 60's and it's evident here. Listen to that soul horn behind Clapton. Love him or not he has one of the most distinctive voices in American music. Unfortunately in my view...his poppish past has worked against his true ability. He brings it back home on this one. Worth a listen.

Jae Sinnett