[JPL] Chris Calloway, 08/07/08

Sophia Peron info at jazzinn.com
Fri Aug 8 12:11:07 EDT 2008

 From Rob Wheeler:

Today, August 7, 2008 at 5:15pm, our dear Chris Calloway, daughter of
Cab, passed away peacefully in her sleep, at home in Santa Fe, following
a long and beautiful journey through life and through cancer.

Chris defined stardom with her incredible sense of timing and style.
She performed for princes, kings, heads of state, and the
everyday-people who adored her.  In every performance she gave, at some
point she stepped aside from what she was performing or portraying on
stage, and she connected with each audience member directly from her
heart.  Her tender message always urged us to be kind, be gentle, and
love your fellow man.  The band would begin to rise behind her, then she
would sweep the audience away with her big finish.  It is the heart
connection that would shine through as people in the audience dispersed
back into their daily lives, and it is the heart connection that is how
she lived each day of her life.

We will miss her so dearly, but we will always draw strength from the
immense love that is her life and legacy.

More information on final arrangements coming soon . . . all her friends
in New Mexico are broken-hearted.
Sophia & Nick Peron