[JPL] Get Out'Tha Ghetto!

MERRILLFLA at aol.com MERRILLFLA at aol.com
Fri Aug 8 13:06:20 EDT 2008

Amen !!!!! Miles (I love the Name)
You are right on target."If they hear it they will dig  it"
I play Jazz in the straight ahead tradition. I get calls from  people who are
not Jazz aficionados who happen to hear something  with a Beat or a Vocal
that's understandable that they like.That's what  makes them a listener.
Getting too technical about the music can turn them  off and they could care
less about the label and who is playing (ith some  exceptions of course)The
New Listener  doesn't know them anyway and doesn't  want a music appreciation
course.It scares them away.The regular listener  gets the idea and already knows
the details most of the  time.
You don't need to be a baseball player to enjoy a baseball game or  a
musician to enjoy Jazz
Listen and enjoy it.The rest will follow.

"Melodious Mel" Lipton
" Jazz Party"
WDNA 88.9 FM Miami
Serious Jazz

In a message dated 8/8/2008 11:35:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,