[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Friday August 8

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Aug 8 21:57:06 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Public Radio, archived at
ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday August 8, 2008

(Barney Kesell) Criss Cross – Sonny Criss: The Complete Imperial Sessions
– Sonny Criss – Blue Note – 7243 5 24564 2 0

(Victor Young) Delilah – The Ramsey Lewis Trio in Person 1960-1967 – Chess
– GRD2-814

(Morey, Churchill) One Song – Dave Digs Disney – Dave Brubeck –
Columbia/Legacy – CK 48820

(Dubin, Warren) Summer Night – I Had the Craziest Dream: The Music of
Harry Warren – Such Sweet Thunder – SST 2206

(John Coltrane) Mr. Day - Coltrane Plays the Blues – John Coltrane –
Atlantic Jazz – 1382-2

(Boker Little) Jewel’s Tempo – Booker Little 4 & Max Roach – Blue Note –
CDP 7 84457 2

(Johnston, Coslow) Troubled Waters – Dream of You – Helen Merrill – EmArcy
– 314 514 074-2

(Cory Weeds) No Bull – Big Weeds – Cory Weeds – Cellar Live – CL 011308
8:01 NPR News

8;01 NPR News

(Calvin Massey) Message from Trane – Demon’s Dance – Jackie McLean – Blue
Note – CDP 7 84345 2

(Gannon, Myrow) Autumn Nocturne – Trio Talk – Lafayette Harris - Airmen
Records

(John Coltrane) India – Back East – Joshua and Dewey Redman – Nonesuch –
104252-2

(J. Lawrence, A. Altman) All or Nothing at All – Open Sesame – Freddie
Hubbard – Blue Note – 7243 4 95341 2 4

(Coleman, Lee, Schluger) I’m in Love Again – When You Know – Diane Reeves
– Blue Note – 0946 3 89658 2 4

(Harry Owens, Vincent Rose) Linger Awhile – Soprano Summit 1975 – Bob
Wilber and Kenny Davern - Arbors Jazz – ARCD 19328

(Cole) Wildroot Charlie – The Complete Capitol Recordings of the Nat King
Cole trio – Mosaic – 138 Disc X

Them There Eyes – Lester Young: The Kansas City Sessions – Commodore –
CMD-402

(Albert Ammons) Boogie Woogie Blues – Albert Ammons: Master of Boogie –
Milan – 73138 35628-2

(Spencer Williams) Basin Street Blues – Here & Gone – David Sanborn –
Decca – B0011152-02

9:01 NPR News

(Herschel Evans) Doggin’ around – Basie Jam 2 – Count Basie – Pablo –
OJCCD-631-2

(Rodgers and Hart) I Didn’t Know What Time it Was – Linger Awhile – Sarah
Vaughan – Pablo – PACD-2312-144-2

(Andrea Brachfeld) The Memory of You – Into the World: a Musical Offering
– Andrea Brachfeld with Mike Longo – Shaneye Records

(Ary Barroso) Aquarela do Brasil – Winho do Porto – Portinho Trio –
Manchester Craftsmens Guild – MCGJ 1033

(Johnny Acea) Nice ‘n’ Greasy – The Natural Soul – Lou Donaldson – Blue
Note – 7243 5 42307 2 1

(Rodgers and Hart) My Romance – Boss Tenor – Gene Ammons – Prestige –
OJCCD-297-2

(Sampson, Goodman, Mills) If Dreams Come True – Butch and Doc – Butch
Thompson and Doc Cheatam – Daring CD 3012

(John Lewis) Skating in Central Park – Dedicated to Connie – Modern Jazz
Quartet – Atlantic Jazz – 82763-2

(Sigman, Ellington) All Too Soon – Mildred Bailey: The Rockin’ Chair Lady
(1931-1950) – Decca Jazz – GRD-644