[JPL] JzFmS4 PLAYLIST WGBH Boston 8/8/08

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Aug 9 00:23:17 EDT 2008

Friday, Aug 8, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

A visit from ERNIE ANDREWS (at Marblehead Jazz 8/9/2008
The recordings of KARRIN ALLYSON (at Marblehead Jazz 8/23/2008)
BENNY CARTER (b. 8/8/1907)
The music of Composer VICTOR YOUNG (b. 8/8/1900)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Karrin Allyson: Estrada Branca; Outono; Double Rainbow,
Imagina Songs of Brazil (Concord)

8:24pm
James Carter: Song of Dellilah (V. Young), Present Tense (Emarcy)
Steve Kuhn: Stella by Starlight (V. Young), Live at Birdland (Blue Note)
Don Bradon: My Foolish Heart (V. Young), Gentle Storm (HighNote)

Interview with Ernie Andrews
8:42pm
Ernie Andrews: Don't You Know I Care, No Regrets (32 Jazz)
Ernie Andrews: I've Got The World on A String, How About Me (HighNote)
Ernie Andrews: That's the Way My Baby Closes Her Eyes,
The Singles 1945-1958 (78's Compilation)

9:06pm
Kenny Burrell; featuring Ernie Andrews: My Little Brown Book,
Ellington is Forever (Fantasy)
Cannonball Adderley; featuring Ernie Andrews: Big City,
Live Session (Capitol)
Harry James; featuring Ernie Andrews: Song of The Wanderer,
One Night Stand (Joyce LP)
Ernie Andrews: Funny, Hear Me Now (LMI Records LP)

9:28pm
Ernie Andrews: Don't Touch Me, Girl Talk (HighNote)
Ernie Andrews: On Broadway, From The Heart (Discovery LP)
Gene Harris Super Band; featuring Ernie Andrews: Love is Here To Stay,
The Phillip Morris Super Band (Concord)

9:48pm
Ernie Andrews: Soothe Me; Don't Let The Sun Catch You Cryin',
Jazz in Los Angeles 1921-1956 (Rhino)
Ernie Andrews: Skylark, The Great City (Muse)

10:05pm
Kenny Werner: Stella by Starlight (V. Young), Peace (Half Note)
Clark Terry: When I Fall in Love (V. Young),
Terry & Roach/Friendship (Eighty-Eights)
Geoff Keezer: Golden Earrings (V. Young), Curveball (Sunnyside)

10:24pm
Benny Carter: A Walkin' Thing, Benny Carter and The Jazz Giants (Pablo)
Benny Carter: Key Largo, New Jazz Sounds/The Unbane Sessions (Verve)
Benny Carter: Out of Nowhere, Over The Rainbow (Music Masters)
Benny Carter: You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To,
Cookin' at Carlos (Music Masters)

10:51pm
Karrin Allyson: Everybody's Cryin' Mercy; Long As Your Living,
In Blue (Concord Picante)
Karrin Allyson: Something Worth Waiting For (Con Alma); I Found The
Turnaround (The Turnaround), Footprints (Concord)

11:09pm
Charles McPherson: But Beautiful (V. Young), But Beautiful (Venus Records)
Eric Dolphy: Love Me (V. Young), Conversations (Celluloid Records)
Cannonball Adderley; John Coltrane: Weaver of Dreams (V. Young),
Cannonball & Coltrane (Limelight )

11:30pm
Benny Carter: Wonderland, Legends (Music Masters)
Benny Carter: Blue Monk, Elegy in Blue..in Dedication (Music Masters)
Benny Carter: Angel Eyes, Cosmopolite

11:47pm
Joe Lovano: Ghost of A Chance (V. Young), Trio Fascination (Blue Note)
Sonny Rollins: Love Letters (V. Young), The Complete RCA Victor Recordings
(RCA Bluebird)

11:57pm
Gene Ammons: Street of Dreams (V. Young), Gentle Jug (Prestige)