[JPL] Excellent current discussion

MERRILLFLA at aol.com MERRILLFLA at aol.com
Sun Aug 10 07:09:12 EDT 2008

Not at all Ben
 I try to mention what I think is relevant to the CD. Featured  Players, A
Nice solo,An Important rhythm section, A String ensemble.Not every  player in
and Big Band or Octet.The Composer,Arranger and the venue and when  it was
recorded if I think it's important . I like to mention the title and the  artist a
couple of times so they get the name if they might want to buy  it.
I heard one programmer mentioning a list of players from Japan.  Arrrgh I
hope they weren't listing in Tokyo.
I get calls thanking me for not mentioning a long list of players  and my
delivery format.

PS. How about confusing liner notes and listing of players in  addition of
indecipherable copy which can make the programmer sound like a  moron.

Thanks for your concern

Melodious Mel Lipton/ Jazz Party
WDNA 88.9 FM
 Miami or _www.wdna.org_ (http://www.wdna.org)

In a message dated 8/10/2008 12:37:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,