[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Aug 9, 2008

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 10 13:00:03 EDT 2008

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Aug 9,2008

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Aug 9, 2008

Hour 1

GRACE KELLY/LEE KONITZ - "Thingin" - Gracefullee - (Indep)

SHAREL CASSITY - "Phibes Revenge" - Just For You - (indep)

TIM WARFIELD - "One For Shirley" - One For Shirley - (Criss Cross)

JIM SHEARER/CHARLIE WOOD - "Well You Needn't" - The Memphis Hang - (Summit)

CY TOUFF/SANDY MOSSE - "Allen's Alley" - Tickle Toe - (Delmark)

MARK WEINSTEIN - "Blues For Janice" - Straight No Chaser - (Jazzheads)

Hour 2

GRACE KELLY/LEE KONITZ - "Gracefullee" - Gracefullee - (indep)

MICHAEL DEASE - "New Blues" - Dease Bones - (indep)

WILLIE NELSON/WYNTON MARSALIS - "Ain't Nobody's Business" - Two Men With the Blues - (Blue Note)

JOE BAIONE - "Down Fuzz" - Oh Yeah - (indep)

SCOTT HAMILTON - "Intermission Riff" - Across The Tracks - (Concord)

LARRY VUCKOVICH TRIO - "Lester's Minor Blues" - High Fall - (Tetrachord)

JIM SHEARER/CHARLIE WOOD - "Not When I've Been Drinkin" - The Memphis Hang - (Summit)

SANDY KASTEL - "Don't Rain On My Parade" - This Time Around - (Silk & Satin)

Hour 3

DEBORAH BROWN - "Since I Fell For You" - Jazz 4Jazz - (indep)

JEFF BAKER - "All Blues" - Shopping For Your Heart - (Origin)

DEE DEE BRIDGEWATER - "Midnight Sun" - Live at Yoshi's - (Verve)

TIERNEY SUTTON - "Remember Me (Recordame" - Unsung Heroes - (Telarc)

RENE MARIE - "Tennessee Waltz" - How Can I Keep From Singing - (Maxjazz)

GRADY TATE - "Everybody Loves My Baby" - From the Heart - (Halfnote)

NEW YORK VOICES - "The World Keeps You Waiting" - A Day Like This - (MCG)

Hour 4

TIM WARFIELD - "Oasis" - One For Shirley - (Criss Cross Jazz)

CY TOUFF/SANDY MOSSE - "Keester Parade" - Tickle Toe - (Delmark)

JIM SHEARER/CHARLIE WOOD - "The Memphis Hang" - The Memphis Hang - (Summit)

JOE BAIONE - "Bag's Groove" - Oh Yeah - (indep)

BRIDGE QUARTET - "Strode Rode" - Day - (Origin)

SCOTT WHITFIELD - "Table Eleven" - Hiding In Plain Sight - (Amasoya)

TAYLOR/FIDYK BIG BAND - "Chelsea Bridge" - A Perfect Match - (indep)

Hour 5

KENNY CARR - "The Chase" - Changing Tide - (indep)

TOM SCOTT - "Stars Fell On Alabama" - Cannon ReLoaded - (Concord)

PAT METHENY - "Son of Thirteen" - Day Trip - (Nonesuch)

CARL SAUNDERS EXPLORATION - "The Hook" - The Lost Bill Holman Charts - (Summit)

DUKE JORDAN - "Flight to Jordan" - Flight To Jordan - (Blue Note)

SQUAT - "Rickshaw" - Squat - (indep)

RICHIE COLE AND THE ALTO MADNESS ORCH - "Rise's Rose Garden" - Rise's Rose Garden - (Jazz Excursion)

KELLY BRAND NEXTET - "I'll Take You There" - The Door - (Origin)

JOE BECK/JOHN ABERCROMBIE - "My Funny Valentine" - Coincidence - (Whaling City Sound)

Hour 6

SHOOK/RUSSO TRIO - "Just You Just Me/Evidence" - Introducing the FAB Trio - (Summit)

ART FARMER/BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "Blues On Down" - Complete Argo/Mercury - (Mosaic)

JOHN COLTRANE/PAUL QUINICHETTE - "Cattin" - Prestige Sessions - (Prestige)

RAY BROWN TRIO - "Blues For Ray" - Some Of My Best Friends Are Guitarists - (Telarc)

PHIL BROWN QUARTET - "Walkup" - Hope Street Saunter - (indep)

WALT BOENIG BIG BAND - "Days of Wine And Roses" - A Lot of Us - (indep)

RAMONA BORTHWICK - "Lifelines" - A New Leaf - (Whaling City Sound)

JESSE DAVIS - "Rush Hour" - Concord 30th Anniversary Box Set - (Concord)

DOMINIC ASHWORTH - "Round Midnight" - Portraits - (indep)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM