[JPL] David Sanborn

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 14:52:43 EDT 2008

I think the "Gene" is drumming great Gene Lake. I know he was working with Dave before but wasn't sure about this tour. That's my guess who it would be. Tom talked about Sanborn being from St. Louis. Gene is as well and was part of the BAG scene there. I could be wrong but he may be the son of Oliver Lake but not totally sure. He's one of the more sought after drummers in the creative funk concept styles...like the Screaming Headless Torsos. His most creative work in my view was what he did with saxophonist Steve Coleman. He's also worked much with Cassandra Wilson.

Jae Sinnett