[JPL] Playlst WCVE-FM Jazz Monday August 11, 2008

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Aug 11 21:48:54 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE, archived at ideastations.org/radio. Please
direct cd's for airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday August 11, 2008

(John Coltrane) Lazy Bird – Blue Train – John Coltrane – Blue Note – CDP
7243 8 53428 0 6

(Serge Chaloff) Susie’s Blues – Blue Serge – Serge Chaloff – Capitol Jazz
– CDP 7243 4 94505 2 3

(Mose Allison) Don’t Forget to Smile – Swingin’ Machine – Mose Allison –
32Jazz – 32068

(Joe Magnarelli) Soul Sister – Persistence – Joe Magnarelli – Reservoir –
RSR CD 194

(Jimmy Raney) Signal – Stan Getz: The Complete Roost Recordings – Blue
Note – CDP 7243 8 59622 2 6

(Jule Styne, Betty Comden, Adolph Green) The Party’s over – Jazz Masters
51: Blossom Dearie – Verve – 314 529 906-2

(Goodman, Razaf, Sampson, Webb) Stompin’ at the Savoy - One for Shirley –
Tim Warfield – Criss Cross Jazz – 1204 CD

(John Hicks) Mind Wine – Jammin’ uptown – Alvin Queen – Just a Memory –
JAM 9164-2

(Thelonious Monk) Let’s Cool One – Fred Hersch Plays Monk – Fred Hersch –
Nonesuch – 79456-2

8:01 NPR News

(McKenzie, Billings) Never Had a Reason to Believe in You – That’s a
Serious Thing – Jack teagarden – BMG – 9986-2-RB

I’ll Never Be the Same – Edie Lang & Joe Venuti The New York Sessions
1926-1935 Disc B – JSP – 916B

(Hoagy Carmichael, Johnny Mercer) Moon Country –The Sentimental Gentleman
of Swing: Tommy Dorsey/The Centennial Collection – Bluebird/Legacy –
82876711672

(Hill, Williams, Hopkins) I Would Do Anything for You – Art Tatum Classic
Early Solos (1934-1937) – Decca Jazz – GRD-607

(Fred Rogers) Sometimes People Are Good – Mister Rogers Swings – Holly
Yarborough Sings the Fred Rogers Songbook – VintageDiscs.com

(Goodwin, Fisher, Shay) When You’re Smiling – Soprano Summit 1975 – Arbors
Jazz – ARCD 19328

(B. Carey, C. Fischer) You’ve Changed – Doin’ Allright – Dexter Gordon –
Blue Note – CDP 7 84077

(Cedar Walton) Bolivia – Trio Talk – Lafayette Harris – Airmen Records

(Misha Tsiganov) Anthony – After Winter, Spring – Willie Martinez and La
Familia Sextet – Cuch be Witcha Productions

(Guy Wood, Robert Mellin) My One and Only Love – Jaki Byard at Maybeck –
Concord – CCD-4511

9:01 NPR News

(Brachfeld) California Fog – Into the World: A Musical Offering – Andrea
Brachfeld – Shaneye Records

(Yusef Lateef) I Loved – Yusef Lateef Live at Pep’s – Yusef Latef –
Impulse – 314 547 961-2

(Wes Montgomery) Double Deal – The Best of Wes Montgomery – Riverside –
RCD-5705-2

(Wayne Henderson) Scratch – The Best of the Jazz Crusaders – Pacific Jazz
– CDP 0777 7 89283 2 4

(Wayne Shorter) Infant Eyes – Convergence – Richie Beirach and George
Coleman – Triloka – 185-2

(Miles Davis) Solar – Evolution/Revolution – Martin Bejerano – Reservoir –
RSR CD 189

(Irving Berlin) Be Careful, It’s My Heart – Home – Kelley Johnson –
Sapphire – 7613

(Mal Waldron) Soul Eyes – Soul Eyes – Art Farmer – Enja – ENJ 7047 2