[JPL] Get Out'Tha Ghetto!

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 22:00:21 EDT 2008

E: The trouble is that so many radio stations respond to this attitude
by saying, "Wow, jazz is so much bigger than radio, it doesn't fit!"
Jazz Radio isn't bigger than radio. It isn't even bigger than public
radio. And we'd damn well better learn that before it gets much smaller.

LV: And, Wow, Democracy is so much bigger than the military industrial
complex that it doesn't fit, either; or, wow these banks are "too big"
to fail, therefore they're more important than the people. We live in
a time when anti-democratic forces are in thrall.

As to the above it wasn't my implication that jazz radio is bigger
than anything, but jazz music, its history, evolution and aritsts,
have created more worthwhile music than radio --  commercial or
public, can hold.