[JPL] Jazz with Don Gordon - KIPO - Honolulu - 8/11/08

Don Gordon dongordon at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Aug 12 06:18:33 EDT 2008

Jazz with Don Gordon
KIPO - Honolulu - Monday August 11, 2008
8:00pm - Midnight
Don Gordon
KIPO
738 Keheka Street
Honolulu, HI 96814
www.dongordon.net

8:00pm
*John Cooper Jazz Orchestra - Baecker Jazz Workshop - St. Anthony's Light - (BMP)
Marvin Stamm - Elegance - But Beautiful - (TNC)
*Vince Seneri - The Prince's Groove - The Nearness Of You -
*Karrin Allyson - Imagina: Songs Of Brasil - Outono - (Concord)
*Caribbean Jazz Project - Afro Bop Alliance - Picture Frame - (Heads Up)
*Paul Renz - Rebop - Bud Powell - (Gabwalk)
*Alex Graham - Brand New - Save Your Love For Me - (Origin)
*David Benoit - Heroes - Waltz For Debby - (Peak)
9:00pm
*Vanguard Jazz Orchestra - Monday Night Live - Say It Softly - (Planet Arts)
Carl Saunders - Out Of The Blue - I Should Care - (SNL)
Eliane Elias - Cross Currents - When You Wish Upon A Star - (Nippon)
Joe Magnarelli - Philly-New York Junction - I've Never Been In Love Before - (Criss Cross)
Oscar Peterson - A Summer Night In Munich - Nigerian Marketplace - (Telarc)
*Kenny Carr - Changing Tide - Changing Tide - (TAS)
Cesar Camargo Mariano - Natural - Pamela - (Philips)
Four Freshmen - Day By Day - Polka Dots And Moonbeams - (Hindsight)
10:00pm
*Rob Parton - Just One Of Those Things - It Might As Well Be Spring - (Sea Breeze)
*Hiromi Uehara - Beyond Standard - Caravan - (Telarc)
*Gary Morgan - Felicidade - Moragatu - (CAP)
*Bill O'Connell - Triple Play - Flying By - (Savant)
*Cedar Walton - Seasoned Wood - John's Blues - (HighNote)
*Sumi Tonooka - Long Ago Today - Nami's Song - (Arc)
*Ellis Marsalis - An Open Letter To Thelonious - Ruby, My Dear - (ELM)
11:00pm
Bob Florence - Soaring - A Soundsketch - (Sea Breeze)
Heath Brothers - As We Were Saying. - I'm Glad There Is You - (Concord)
Gene Harris - It's The Real Soul - My Funny Valentine - (Concord)
Ron Escheté - In The Middle - Autumn Leaves - (Rev Jazz)
Warren Bernhardt - Heat Of The Moment - The Two Lonely People - (dmp)
Bruce Foreman - Pardon Me! - I Hear A Rhapsody - (Concord)

*Recent release